Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
I wouldn't consdidered an aditional battery..upgrading teh (insert battery name here) for a red top or yellow top optima would be helpful! Also, a cap is a cap, really. FInd the cheapest 1.0-1.5 farad digital cap and get it. I picked up a lightning audio one for 35.00 shipped BRAND NEW off ebay.) You'll pay 120 bucks for a monster audio cap from best buy, DON'T DO IT!! A cap is just an external power storage device, brand names don't make it any difrent.

A cap is not a cap. Caps range from sucking tremendously to having a miniscule amount of usefulness. When buying caps, look for the lowest ESL and ESR you can find, or better yet, spend your money on something more useful like a battery (if yours is bad) or potentially an alternator (go to Autozone and have it tested).

I do agree that you should avoid Monster products in any scenario unless you have an exceptionally thick wallet and like to lighten it on a product with no foreseeable advantage.

To the original poster, you are posting on a public forum and you better expect to get wildly different recommendations/criticisms of your plan. When someone says "BEST BUY SUCKS", ignore them, telling them to essentially "f off" makes everyone hate you even if your reasoning was semi-justifiable.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dnewma04:
When someone says "BEST BUY SUCKS", ignore them, telling them to essentially "f off" makes everyone hate you even if your reasoning was semi-justifiable.

he likes best buy because thats where his friend will be stealing the products from.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CarpePoon:

Anyone else having Deja Vu right now?

Holy crap..... I am now.

Quote:

Cap is not a cap

Well, I guess I'll agree with ya. My experience with caps has been great, I've probably had 5 or 6 rangin in ALL diffrent brands, from a crappy no name ebay special to an expensive Lightning Audio LSD10-03 that I currently have.

I guess I've never been running enough watts to tell a diffrnece, though... I'll step down.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Actually you want a red top. The yellow tops arn't made for daily driving.

I just rearead the thread, I was thinking at that time he would be installing a seperate in the trunk, which in that case he'd want a yellow...but you are right, he shoudl be getting a red top if he's repalcing his factory battery. I just wish they fit better.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
yellow tops are fine for daily driving. i've had them in my last three cars.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
They make a yellow top that fits the tour?

Hmm, didn't know that.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
"fits" is a relative term.

if you mount it on it's side, and take out the battery box, it fits fine.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I think I can "fogilly" recall someone showing that in pics/vids section.

I think I'll get a yellow as my current red top is, shoot...3 years old, i think.

Thanks Dave.

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
I think I can "fogilly" recall someone showing that in pics/vids section.

I think I'll get a yellow as my current red top is, shoot...3 years old, i think.

Thanks Dave.

You need to Stop Posting in the Audio Forum or atleast stop "helping" people...

Seriously!!!

#1 A box for 50 Dollars? Ya ok maybe in your dream world of NSX's and mystery Trips to NO. The [censored] wood cost 20 dollars. So i have to design then waste time for 30 dollars? ohh wait that was for a finished box!!!

#2 your lack on knowledge is getting really annoying. How about stop being a post whore and don't post about [censored] you obviously have no clue about!!!!!!

And to the orignal poster, you want a System that Amazing for a Good price? Ill sell my whole system for 1k, Deck, both amps, Sub, Sub Box....

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
When someone says "BEST BUY SUCKS", ignore them, telling them to essentially "f off" makes everyone hate you even if your reasoning was semi-justifiable.

he likes best buy because thats where his friend will be stealing the products from.

No that really isn't the reason. I have no intention of purchasing stolen goods.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard