Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
lol

Serarch are classifieds or an specialty car audio store (even Ebay for god sakes), you can get a dual enclosure standard box (rectangular dimensions CAN NOT be more than 32"wide X 17" high X 17" deep, or you will not get it to fit in the trunk, without a MAJOR fight (which you probably will loose, lol)

Also, I'd suggest you get a ported box for these kenwoods and I think they require like .80 Cu ft of air space.. which a 32 x 16 x15 would be good (i think, I sux at t3h math, lol)

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I wouldn't consdidered an aditional battery..upgrading teh (insert battery name here) for a red top or yellow top optima would be helpful! Also, a cap is a cap, really. FInd the cheapest 1.0-1.5 farad digital cap and get it. I picked up a lightning audio one for 35.00 shipped BRAND NEW off ebay.) You'll pay 120 bucks for a monster audio cap from best buy, DON'T DO IT!! A cap is just an external power storage device, brand names don't make it any difrent.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
I wouldn't consdidered an aditional battery..upgrading teh (insert battery name here) for a red top or yellow top optima would be helpful! Also, a cap is a cap, really. FInd the cheapest 1.0-1.5 farad digital cap and get it. I picked up a lightning audio one for 35.00 shipped BRAND NEW off ebay.) You'll pay 120 bucks for a monster audio cap from best buy, DON'T DO IT!! A cap is just an external power storage device, brand names don't make it any difrent.

Ok I'll look into that...what exactly is a optima battery tho...

and what about this box?

http://tinyurl.com/dwnxq

I don't exactly want to buy a box online cuz it's heavy and would cost a lot to ship. There is a car audio store about 20 min frome here, would I be better of checking if they have a cheap box?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
THat box would be alright, however the manufactureer is recomending 1.0 Cu/Ft of air space (per sub) sealed or ported. That one is ported which is good. How much is shipping to your area?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Optima Batteries, ready up sonny

as for that box, the only problem with TOOmuch air space, is the subs could sound as if they are OVER powered when they are not (trying to push ouit too much air)

Rechecking math

you wopuld want a 32"x14"highx13" deep to get the best sound, that will give you about 1.25" of air space per sub. Remember, you ghave to include the rmeoval of space the sub takes otu inside the box.

Hmm... that box you listed would do fine the more I thik about it. An extra 1/4 cu of air for a small ported design box like that would more than be good for the applciation.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
about 50 bucks... like I said there is a small car audio store near here. Think they would have a cheap box?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Defently. See one of teh installers who make boxes, ask him to make you one and show hime the cash (say 50 bucks). He'd be willing to take care of you, then. Tell him what subs you have, tell him the length you want (32") and let him go from there.

You shouldn't have to pay more than 50 or so for a barely custom box with carpet. Now, alot of time, places liek best buy and such have "floor model" discounts on boxes and what not for pretty cheap. Take a tape measure with you and find one.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Defently. See one of teh installers who make boxes, ask him to make you one and show hime the cash (say 50 bucks). He'd be willing to take care of you, then. Tell him what subs you have, tell him the length you want (32") and let him go from there.

You shouldn't have to pay more than 50 or so for a barely custom box with carpet. Now, alot of time, places liek best buy and such have "floor model" discounts on boxes and what not for pretty cheap. Take a tape measure with you and find one.

Ok...explain the "floor model" thing one more time...

Also which battery would be better. Red top or Yellow top?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Flor model, AKA, the oens they are using for testers at the store, a lot of times you can ask them if you cna buy it, someitmes they let you at a discounted price. Never hurts to ask, really.

Red tops are better IMHO, but require some finnessing to get into the factory spot, since it is installed laying down, not standing up like a motorcraft or whatever adn the terminals are now on the side, somewhat of a PITA to get thecables on them for some reason.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Now, add all that up and tell me how much it comes out too.. Let's see.

175.00 HU
200.00 for 2 subs
160.00 For 4 speakers
180.00 For Door Speaker amp

you have a little less than 300 left to buy a mono block type amp for the 2 subs and a cap (proabbnly not needed, though) and a box (40 bucks)

Wait I still don't have an AMP for my subs... I was looking at this http://tinyurl.com/7pexg

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard