Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Well guys I finally have enough to build a nice system. Currently I have about 800 but more to come deffinetly. I plan on making almost all my purchases at Best Buy cuz they are very close and easy to get to. I need:

CD/MP3 Player w/ aux input for my ipod
4 Good Speakers
2 or 4 Subs
1 or 2 Amps

I have a good amount of cash coming in now so money isn't really that much of a problem.

So what would you guys recommend? This is the Head Unit I was looking at...

http://tinyurl.com/dsdw8

It's cheap(not the reason I chose it) and has all the things I need in it...Look decent?

Last edited by dnewma04; 10/14/05 01:56 PM.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
how can you choose a 1 preout deck if you need to plug 2 amps on it, you should try to find one with front/rear and non-fader preout with a good voltage.

why builting a big sound system with lot of cheap stuff, why do you need 4 sub when you can have just 1 or 2 but way better and performant sub.

Why are you not begining by 4 good speaker and get a 4ch for them after than buying 4 crappy speaker that doesnt really need amps to power them.

you should really consider going step by step, than rushing to get the more stuff you can at the cheaper price you can... just my advice

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
yeah man, think of what you buy, first. That DUAL is junk, really is. I coudl probably build you a nice sounding HIGH QUALITY system with 2 subs, 4 good door speakers, IPOD capable headunit, and 2 amps (1 for sub, 1 for doors speakers) for 800. Truthfully, I'd save bestbuy for your CDs and DVD's, what they stock is fairly small and the good things are overpriced. Buy your stuff new on Ebay or any online car audio place like cryutchfield. you'll get a MUCH better deal and you'll go home with a bunch of high end better quality componenets than a couple Dual items, a Legacy amp, and some crap JVC speakers.

And 4 subs WILL NOT fit in a tour and sound good, guaranteed. anymore than 2 12's, and you're are just looking for show.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Well...

I wasn't sure about having 2 amps it was just an idea. And can't I wire them together thus only needing 1 preout? But it doesn't matter I don't HAVE to have 2.

Again I don't HAVE to have 4 subs it was just an idea. If they weren't so expensive I was gunna get 4, if they cost a lot then I will just get 2.

I don't plan on amping the speakers...I want 4 good speakers that give me some good audio quality...o yeah they need to be 5X7 or else I'll have to mod my door Which I could do but it would be more work...

I'm not looking for any cheap stuff. I want a good system but I want to be able to put it all together at the same time rather than taking my car apart every week to wire in another speaker.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Ok well I'm limited to Best Buy for reasons that won't be stated but that's where I'm gunna buy the stuff

New wishlist

HU
4 Speakers
1 amp
2 subs
and a box of course...

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by bubbagumper6:
Ok well I'm limited to Best Buy

mistake #1

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
Originally posted by bubbagumper6:
Ok well I'm limited to Best Buy

mistake #1

Look if you guys could please just get over the fact that I'm buying the stuff at best buy and answer the question I originally posted I would be greatful. Otherwise stop wasting my time

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Well, if anything, get the Dual headunit just for Iplug capabilities, but don't go cheap on subs or amps. MANY manufactures make the needed hook up cables, like blaupunkt, sony, and alpine for an ipod (range in price from 20-70 bucks).

Th eonly thing that sucks with the dual unit is the lack of preouts, and the one it has will be used to power the ipod. Does it have sub preouts? I can't recall if it did, or not.

EDIT:

Don't get mad at us, either. you didn't STATE YOU HAD TO BUY FROM BEST BUY.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
Well, if anything, get the Dual headunit just for Iplug capabilities, but don't go cheap on subs or amps. MANY manufactures make the needed hook up cables, like blaupunkt, sony, and alpine for an ipod (range in price from 20-70 bucks).

Th eonly thing that sucks with the dual unit is the lack of preouts, and the one it has will be used to power the ipod. Does it have sub preouts? I can't recall if it did, or not.

No that was the one thing I found wrong with it. I would get a better HU. But all the ones I found were only ipod adabtable if I bought a 170$ accessory!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
HEADUNIT YOU WANT

web page

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard