Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
So wait, is this something I should be concerned about with my tranny just being done?

No I never use that POS on your tranny - calm down!

I guess I read this wrong... I thought it was saying Terry was getting the wrong parts too...

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
ugg ... when did people stop reading posts before replying. It's an alert ... everyone should be weary since the V6 part IS NOT IN THE V6 PART BOX, directly from the central distributor for Ford. God only knows how many people/dealerships this will effect. The ONLY way to know is to measure the TOB's height whn laid flat on the ground. It should be around 78mm tall.

BTW, 78mm = 3.07086614 in

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Another FUBAR I saw was on a T/O supplied with the SPEC clutch for Rawburt's car. The bearing iself was off-center from the piston by easily 1-1.5mm that would've been a DISASTER if it was used!

Exactly what I was worried about. SVTCuervo posted in the Group Buy forum, and has confirmed that SPEC does use the Ford T/O bearing. What needs to be asked is if they are using the CORRECT T/O bearing.

Mark

The issue at hand here is that even if SPEC is using the "correct" TOB, since FORD misboxed the latest batch (god only knows how many that is), they still are not being suppied to SPEC properly, who in turn unknowingly supplies them to customers. Ownus of the problem is ultimately on SPEC since they should measure the supplied parts and compare to V6 vs. I4 parts, regardless of this mishap.

Yes, and my point is to make sure people are verifying that they are indeed receiving the correct V6 T/O bearing with their SPEC clutches, whether they order them from SPEC, or from SVTCuervo, or anywhere else. Just because SVTCuervo got the thumbs up from SPEC, saying that they are Ford T/O bearings, doesn't mean that they are the CORRECT T/O bearing, whether they know it or not.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by RawBurt:
So wait, is this something I should be concerned about with my tranny just being done?

No I never use that POS on your tranny - calm down!

Hahaha.

Gotta love that panicked sound. hehe.

Hey, I'm still using/reusing the TOB that spec sent me. It looks good and I just regreased it, sealed it and reinstalled it. No leaks. There may be a POS come through once in a while but not all of them.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
The release bearing is a sealed bearing. Tom you know what sealed bearings are right? People will be trashing a whole bearing/slave assembly trying to regrease it if post stuff like that.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Thats what you think.

You can force some grease into it around the edges as it isn't fully sealed like some sealed bearings due to the nature of the bearing surface.
Most people should be tearing them apart anyway since they are putting in new ones right? Don't mess with it if they don't understand it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
you think if mine lasted about a year, then I pulled everything apart and put it back together it will be okay? It wokred fine before...it was the one that came with my spec kit.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by stilov:
you think if mine lasted about a year, then I pulled everything apart and put it back together it will be okay? It wokred fine before...it was the one that came with my spec kit.

if not i have one that came with my Spec kit... ....make me an offer.

Oh and i got my Spec about 3 months ago so it is the right one FOR THE V6...i measured it up against the stock one that came out to double check also!

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have a spec one...i'll measure it up later.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by stilov:

Heck, if its already proven to work under fire then clean it and reuse it as long as the bearing surface is not worn, and at only one year how could it be unless something was wrong.
I would.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard