Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 59 60
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
If you are interested in being in the 2006 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

=Note=
Although the 2005 Calendars were successful, in an effort to get back to 2004 (click me) level of calendar, there will be only one calendar with 12 CEGers' Contiques represented.

This means getting in will be tougher than last year. Resolution, clean car, great background, unique angles, mods, etc. are all very important.

Just because you have the wildest Contour on earth, you will automatically be eliminated if you don't have 1600 x 1200. You might have all categories nailed but your car is dirty. How is that calendar worthy? It's not.

1. Don't get upset/angry/bent out of shape/panties in a bunch
If someone criticizes your car, take it like a man. Everyone has an opinion - doesn't make it right. I do this on my free time and want to produce a good product for CEG, not deal with a bunch of s.

2. Must be a current CEG member
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

3. High Resolution - 1600 x 1200 MINIMUM
Many 2005 candidates were "elimintated" due to having low resolution pictures. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!!

4. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, multiple Contiques ( ) are big pluses.

5. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.

6. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004 or 2005 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

7. Photoshop
Absolutely no PS pics.

8. Submission
Try to submit smaller versions of your pics. If you are considered to be a candidate, I will contact you requesting high resolution versions.

9. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like 2004 and 2005, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

10. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo
This was added for the wiseguy below.

=Other info=
Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2006.

Deadline to submit pics
October 31, 2004
This gives you four weekends to wash, wax pose, shoot and submit.

Following this date a CEGer will help design the cover and layout and design of the calendar.

Calendar release date
Shooting for the 2nd week of November

Here is a sample of a "high-quality, calendar-quality pic":
(Would need to be bigger though - size reduced for sample)

- Vehicle is very clean
- No visible damage / work in progress
- Unique background
- High resolution provided

This should answer all questions, but I'm sure someone is bound to not read my post and ask "When is the last day I can submit pictures?"

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Needs more duratec!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
1. Don't get upset/angry/bent out of shape/panties in a bunch
If someone criticizes your car, take it like a man. Everyone has an opinion - doesn't make it right. I do this on my free time and want to produce a good product for CEG, not deal with a bunch of s.

Definitely the most annoying part of prior year calendars was hearing people whine about criticism. Good call Pete!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That first pic needs less front yard. The landscaping doesn't make it obvious, but the house across the street does.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That first pic needs less front yard. The landscaping doesn't make it obvious, but the house across the street does.

Agreed.

Goonz:
Good start:
1. Car is very clean
2. No visible damage/work in progress
3. Pic is clean (not blurry, off angle)

Drawbacks:
1. Houses in background
2. Reflection of house off your car
3. Partially shaded

Keep shooting!

Mark, you better have some good pics again this year my man. (And you too mikeboy)

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q

99 #82 of 2760 Wed Sept 30/98 17" Falken Torque 5's B&M Short Shifter B&G Sport Springs 1.6" Drop CTA Intake Knauberized Cardomain
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Holy FLAT, Mikey Boy!

You people need mountains. The car looks great, BTW.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 59 60

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard