Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1402588 10/04/05 10:44 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Swazo:
1. It looks like it mounts to the PS/top engine mount, which is fairly different on Contiques. Adapting this aspect would be the key issue to making it work correctly so that the serpintine belt was perfectly aligned.

2. Our engines sit much higher than in Escapes,not only would the supercharger sit above the hood line, but it's outlet would be even higher. A HUGH cowl would be needed to enclose it with room to move.
Consider this, the IAC has clearance issues in a Contique with a stock hood because it mounts ontop of the 3L UIM, let alone a SC'er. Look how low the UIM sits in the Escape engines bay.

3. A 3L front bank valve cover would also need to be used for the different oil cap location.

4. A 3L UIM (plastic or aluminum) would need to be used.

That's what I see right off the bat, I'm sure I'm overlooking something(s)......

Hood would look god awful. What about the new blower used with the ATX cougar kit?! This could be a nice option??!?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1402589 10/04/05 10:55 PM
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
1. It looks like it mounts to the PS/top engine mount, which is fairly different on Contiques. Adapting this aspect would be the key issue to making it work correctly so that the serpintine belt was perfectly aligned.
Quote:

It's possible, but according to Kenne Bell it attaches to the upper motor mount.

Quote:

2. Our engines sit much higher than in Escapes,not only would the supercharger sit above the hood line, but it's outlet would be even higher. A HUGH cowl would be needed to enclose it with room to move.
Consider this, the IAC has clearance issues in a Contique with a stock hood because it mounts ontop of the 3L UIM, let alone a SC'er. Look how low the UIM sits in the Escape engines bay.

The blower itself, minus the outlet, is only .5" taller then the highest point of the 3L UIM. The outlet manifold is approx 2.5" tall (notice the angle of it, there is more clearance at the front) and the outlet pipe is 2" O.D. hence my earlier comment of 3" of clearance needed to allow engine movement. I'm not basing this off of speculation from pics... i did look into this.

Quote:

3. A 3L front bank valve cover would also need to be used for the different oil cap location.

Good point, I didn't even notice that.

Quote:

As stated in my original post.

Quote:

That's what I see right off the bat, I'm sure I'm overlooking something(s)......

I'm sure there are other small bits that would need to be addressed.

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
#1402590 10/04/05 11:00 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Quit talking about it.....and somebody do it!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#1402591 10/05/05 12:05 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Hood would look god awful. What about the new blower used with the ATX cougar kit?! This could be a nice option??!?!

IF they go into production, lower their price and are available for MTX's

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#1402592 10/05/05 12:06 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Quote:

It's possible, but according to Kenne Bell it attaches to the upper motor mount.

Quote:

The blower itself, minus the outlet, is only .5" taller then the highest point of the 3L UIM. The outlet manifold is approx 2.5" tall (notice the angle of it, there is more clearance at the front) and the outlet pipe is 2" O.D. hence my earlier comment of 3" of clearance needed to allow engine movement. I'm not basing this off of speculation from pics... i did look into this.

Quote:

Good point, I didn't even notice that.

Quote:

As stated in my original post.

Quote:

I'm sure there are other small bits that would need to be addressed.

1. We're talking about the samething. The top engine mount is the P/S mount. The Escape's is pretty different than ours. When doing my 3L swap, I needed the newer/smaller bolt version used on late 98+ duratec Contiques. The stealership tried to give me an Escape's, which looked totally different

2. Fitment is still tight in our engine bays. I have the updated oil pan/baffel, and had to get the correct dip stick too. The top of the same dip stick you see in the pic of the Escape's engine bay, hits the mesh in my vented EVO style CF hood. Look how much lower it is than the SC'er

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#1402593 10/05/05 12:26 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

IF they go into production, lower their price and are available for MTX's

Oh so it totally doesn't fit an MTX...interesting. I fig'd there is no way it couldn't fit....

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1402594 10/05/05 12:28 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Nobody knows yet iirc

98 3.0 svt: Sold
#1402595 10/05/05 01:45 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Actually no. It looks very similar to the contour!

I'm impressed with this information.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1402596 10/05/05 01:49 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No. The bolt pattern is the same, just the diameters is different. It would be the bolt patter that was important, the rest would just be spacing.
The hood issues have to be measured.
The Valve cover is an easy fix.
The manifold is an easy fix.

Mounting the charger and intercooler are the only issues and it looks like this method is VERY viable if the hood is changed out.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1402597 10/05/05 02:21 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
hey mark, get me one and i will see if it works on my escape engine in the svt.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard