Next Thread
Print Thread
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english.

I've buy a code reader for my Contour 1995, but it's very hard for me to get the right code.

The amount of "beep" drive me crazy. Sometime a "pause" mean a pause, sometime mean a zero, etc...

I've put online a MP3 that i've record with my MP3 Player.

Can you tell me what is that code?

I know that the error is repeating twice... but cannot find the code.

Go and download at
http://pages.infinit.net/jfbourbo/contour_1995_check_engine_code.mp3

thanks alot!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Sounds like you have codes 111 and 118. 111 means the OBD system is working. 118 means the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor circuit is high or open. Need to check/clean the connection or replace the sensor. Not sure if you have a V6 Duratec or I4 Zetec.

Location of V6 ECT sensor.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1066103&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Last edited by Tony2005; 10/04/05 04:07 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
No, I have the GL model, the 4cyl.

But the light "check engine" appear in my dash when i'm giving more "gas" pedal, like in a high acceleration, but turn off 1 minute later...

Append 1 time of 4 approx, and the light stay 1 minute maximum . after, turn off.

I've no impression that my car is bad, no problem at all when i'm driving...

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Rambytes:
No, I have the GL model, the 4cyl.

But the light "check engine" appear in my dash when i'm giving more "gas" pedal, like in a high acceleration, but turn off 1 minute later...

Append 1 time of 4 approx, and the light stay 1 minute maximum . after, turn off.

I've no impression that my car is bad, no problem at all when i'm driving...

Edit. Location of I4 Zetec ECT sensor.
For the Zetec, the ECT sensor is the one on top of the thermostat housing, in between the oil filler cap and the resonator. There is another one sensor below which is the coolant temperature gauge sender. The gauge sender sends the signal to the temperature gauge in the instrument panel.

Intermittent code. PCM detected fault turned it on, then detected the fault gone, and turned it off. Don't worry about it unless it comes on again and stays on. It however, does mean that it could be on its way out. So be prepared to change the ECT soon (When? I have no idea).

Last edited by Tony2005; 10/04/05 08:43 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Clear the codes...do a reset of the computer, or disconnect battery + cable for 15 mins and see if it helps.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard