Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1402168 10/04/05 04:21 AM
K
OP Offline
K
is there any supercharger kit out there for a SVT Contour?? i dont want to turbo it, cuz everythings got a turbo now adays thanks guys

#1402169 10/04/05 04:22 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by krazedstang:
i dont want to turbo it, cuz everythings got a turbo now adays thanks guys

you don't think theres a reason for that, do you?

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
#1402170 10/04/05 04:48 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by RyeLou:
i dont want to turbo it, cuz everythings got a turbo now adays thanks guys

you don't think theres a reason for that, do you?

That's like my ex gf wanting THAT car because it is red and pretty.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1402171 10/04/05 07:02 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
is there any supercharger kit out there for a SVT Contour?? i dont want to turbo it, cuz everythings got a turbo now adays thanks guys

That's a GREAT way of going about modding - NOT!

Try reading the posted topic at the top of this forum bewfore you make comments based on....nothing.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1402172 10/07/05 02:18 AM
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
personally i would have a supercharger over a turbo any day ok arguably the turbo is more tunable however the more boost u run the worse the lag gets where as superchargers pull all the way through rev range its just a lot nicer and more drivable ok with a turbo u can drop it down the gears and the lags not a problem but who wants 2 b constantly bouncing there car off the rev limiter
if u had 2 cars both pushing out the same power but 1 was turbocharged & the other supercharged u would have the supercharged every time its just a lot more drivable and u feel the power a lot lower down the rev range

in my opinion (and it is only my opinion} u chose the right 1 out of the 2 u just didnt have a very good reason 4 it

as 4 yr question theres a supercharged mondeo st200 in my country which is pretty much the same car as yr contour svt so yes it can b done but i cant tell what supercharger was used (although im 99% certain it came from the us) i could probably find out 4 u in a couple of days if u want me 2 but not now its 3am and i need 2 get some kip

1995 MK1 MONDEO GHIA X sweet as they come 4 pics and full spec click http://photobucket.com/albums/a92/funkydes/project%20mondy/ best of british mondeo enthusiast group http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?referral/19055/
#1402173 10/07/05 02:28 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by funkywesmond:
personally i would have a supercharger over a turbo any day ok arguably the turbo is more tunable however the more boost u run the worse the lag gets where as superchargers pull all the way through rev range its just a lot nicer and more drivable ok with a turbo u can drop it down the gears and the lags not a problem but who wants 2 b constantly bouncing there car off the rev limiter
if u had 2 cars both pushing out the same power but 1 was turbocharged & the other supercharged u would have the supercharged every time its just a lot more drivable and u feel the power a lot lower down the rev range

in my opinion (and it is only my opinion} u chose the right 1 out of the 2 u just didnt have a very good reason 4 it

as 4 yr question theres a supercharged mondeo st200 in my country which is pretty much the same car as yr contour svt so yes it can b done but i cant tell what supercharger was used (although im 99% certain it came from the us) i could probably find out 4 u in a couple of days if u want me 2 but not now its 3am and i need 2 get some kip

So much for the Queen's English.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
#1402174 10/07/05 03:25 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

sorry, but you're wrong. more boost does not equal more lag

that's great if you want a supercharger, but don't even think about starting a thread on why a supercharger is better...go do some research on the 2, then we'll talk.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
#1402175 10/07/05 04:18 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

you really need to do some research on the vortech kit and the ADC turbo kit available for the contour.

First of all, more boost does not mean more lag.

Secondly, the ADC turbo kit makes more power than the Vortech kit anyday. Even if they did make the same power, the turbo kit would crush it since its make extremely more power under the curve because the boost from the Vortech is so delayed. Heck, modified 3.0L's are making almost as much torque as Vortech'ed 2.5L's. Turbo SVT's are making about 265-270 wtq whereas the Vortech 2.5L's are making about 205-215 wtq. The Vortech does not pull all the through the rev range. Youll start making boost at probably 5,000 rpms and wont peak boost until redline. Where as with the ADC turbo kit, youll be making full boost at 2,800 rpms. What turbo lag?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
#1402176 10/07/05 12:24 PM
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
i love being opinionated i always seem 2 open up a can of worms
firstly i didnt start this thread i was just offering my opinion (and like i already said in my previos post it is only my opinion) on why i would have the supercharger
first off im not from yr country and have never heard of an adc (in fact the reason i joined this site was 2 learn more about the tuning techniques u lot r using) i can only comment on what ive previously driven
ive driven a 2.0 focus with a garret gt28 roller bearing turbo conversion and 1.8 focus with a jackson supercharger and although the turbo was pushing more power u didnt realise until u hit the 4000rpm mark whereas 1.8 supercharged focus pulled from pretty much idle all the way through the revs in fact it made the 1.8 feel like 3.0 V6
people normally dismiss supercharges cos it robs the engine of power but then turbos run off the exhaust obviously restricting the airflow so who's 2 say this aint robbing the engine of power

however i was always a turbo man till i drove a supercharged car but if u reckon u can run this adc turbo with stacks of boost and no lag i would b very interested on some more info. about this conversion (ie. is it using an anti lag kit how much does it cost ect.) if u can give me more info. it would b most appreciated always trying 2 learn as much as i can about whats new on the market (if it is new)

1995 MK1 MONDEO GHIA X sweet as they come 4 pics and full spec click http://photobucket.com/albums/a92/funkydes/project%20mondy/ best of british mondeo enthusiast group http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?referral/19055/
#1402177 10/07/05 12:26 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

You're f@$ken clueless mate - seriously. And no, your opinion doesn't make it a fact - even in your world.

The ADC Turbo kit TROMPS ALL over the Vortech S/C kit EVERYWHERE across the rpm range.

For example my car a 2.5 makes as much torque as Rick's #L which is totally worked AND it makes the max torque at 4000rpm (6850rpm redline) and the curve is pretty flat all the way across the RPM range whereas the S/C is linear and max max torque right before the max rpms.

Jim Hahn's 3L which was built by Rick and is almost identical, except his is a turbo - will EAT Rick's S/C 3L on a roll, from a stop, wherever. And as for turbo lag - ahh yeah right, from my experience seeing the car in action it doesn't have any issues with that.

I'm sorry, but by FACT alone you're completely wrong in your assumptions - period.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard