Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1399601 10/01/05 07:55 AM
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
so, ive been lurking here for a while now, using the info as i need it. its funny, i havent been spotted in MN at all yet either! well, i wont be now either for a while.

my name is Joel, and i drive a 99 green CSVT. i recall people talking about my car actually being listed in autotrader. i bought it from the whole sale car dealer in monticello. it went on sale on a friday, i drove it sunday, an dbought it monday. he already had another person line up to look at it. pretty crazy.

right after i got it

there is nothin like the sound of the DOHC motor above 4000 rpms. that was hook line and sinker for me with this car. that, and it handles awesome.

i had it at Car Craft Summer Nats last summer and may possibly have it there again this year as well. so some of you may have seen it, i got hit up with a svt club card at that.

now before car craft, i was out in MI with it, and tagged a deer with it. i was pretty bummed about it, but the insurance didnt total it out. they fixed the car, it did $3500 worth of damage. i had abra fix it, and they did a great job matching paints. the drivers fender was replaced, hood fixed, drivers door reskinned, and read door fixed before paint. i also had them refinish eh front bumper and get rid of the front plate.

right now IM living in MIdland MI going to Northwood University. so the car is out here with me.

my real passion is with Fieros. ive had a fiero since i was 17. i had that taken from me by an uninsured driver. i got hit by a 97 SHO (and he didnt have insurance!).

i took it to court, won, and eventually got my money out of him. my summer/play car now is an 87 Fiero GT that i swapped a motor into(from the wrecked one), but my daily driver car is the CSVT. and to be honest, it is stock, with crappy S rated tires (to be changed next spring at the latest!) and it STILL possibly handles better than the fiero, wich is lowered with aftermarket swaybars and kyb's all around (and handles like a go-cart).

new fiero

if you get a chance, hit up hwy 1 between Ely and the north shore. ive done it now a few times in both cars, and it is 60 miles of 30-35 mph turns! i actually made myself carsick on that road in the contour.

anyways, i just wanted to introduce myself. i kind of have on the mi site as well. i figured i would after getting followed by a member over there (or at least i think he was a member!)

there are 4 (yes 4!) CSVT's on campus over there. a red one, 2 green (one with aftermarlet wheels) and a silver one from MN (ive seen the car in MN before, he lives up near maple grove, where im from)

here are a few pics of the cars.

Last edited by MNstuckinMI; 10/01/05 08:03 AM.
#1399602 10/01/05 02:32 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Very nice. I was looking at that till I found out that my car wasn't worth [censored]. You'll have to show up at one of the MN meets and be at Spring Zing 06 for sure, it was one of the best weekends of my life.

Later

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
#1399603 10/01/05 11:15 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
welcome,

yeah the car does handle good but not as good as my car (right tony)

also dont punch it while your turning sharp.. the motor will choke and seize...

CSVT's that i have beaten... - redlineracer12 - your user name here
#1399604 10/02/05 07:15 AM
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by shineySVTfan:
welcome,

what are you drivin? looks like a honda somthin in your sig

#1399605 10/02/05 09:44 AM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Nice lookin Tour & Fiero.

A friend of mine just sold his boat and bought a Fiero just like the red one you have. He simply loves those things, and is wanting to do a engine conversion to it.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
#1399606 10/02/05 05:56 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by MNstuckinMI:
welcome,

Bah, he's just driving an Acura CL.... nothing special jk, he's just frantically making fun of me as best he can til i sloughter him next year

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
#1399607 10/02/05 05:56 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
welcome,

Bah, he's just driving an Acura CL.... nothing special jk, he's just frantically making fun of me as best he can til i slaughter him next year

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
#1399608 10/03/05 04:18 AM
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dpa43:

A friend of mine just sold his boat and bought a Fiero just like the red one you have. He simply loves those things, and is wanting to do a engine conversion to it.

thanks for the compliments

thats pretty cool about yoru friend. tell him to check out www.fiero.nl it is a big forum. there are alot of real nice ones in MN. popular swaps too. my buddy is running a 3800SC in his, but then there is a 383 stroker, 4.9 caddy motor, lt1, carbed v8, quad 4, and some others. btw, those are jsut the ones that i know of in MN. i'd like to swap in a 3.4 DOHC into mine. the high sounds of the CSVT got me hooked on DOHC. speed is addicting, and cars are as well

#1399609 10/03/05 04:21 AM
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:
welcome,

Bah, he's just driving an Acura CL.... nothing special jk, he's just frantically making fun of me as best he can til i slaughter him next year

lol, your right, just a glorified honda jk. nice cars.

#1399610 10/03/05 05:35 AM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by dpa43:

thanks for the compliments

thats pretty cool about yoru friend. tell him to check out www.fiero.nl it is a big forum. there are alot of real nice ones in MN. popular swaps too. my buddy is running a 3800SC in his, but then there is a 383 stroker, 4.9 caddy motor, lt1, carbed v8, quad 4, and some others. btw, those are jsut the ones that i know of in MN. i'd like to swap in a 3.4 DOHC into mine. the high sounds of the CSVT got me hooked on DOHC. speed is addicting, and cars are as well

Yeah he said that his motor has a knock and would like to do a swap, but does not have the place or the tools to do something like that. I know that he is a member of a Fiero board not sure which one thou. I believe that he went to a local Fiero meet today (Sunday). Maybe someone from there could help him.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard