Next Thread
Print Thread
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Hey everyone..

My names Chris and I thought Id say hi sence Im new here..

I live in Modesto CA and have a 96 Contour GL ATX..

Im into all sorts of other cars as well and own a 1984 Dodge Rampage (turbo II swap) and a 2002 Tacoma ext-cab pickup.. Just did a timing belt, head gasket, water pump and all that good stuff.. noticed Ive had some excessive vibration and had to do the brakes recentally and noticed the ATX is resting on the crossmember..

Whats with that? I checked out my Chiltons book and thats the most useless piece of crap ive read and its not worth much more than toilet paper. \

any heads up on this?

Its been a bunch of problems, but im close to having it richious and reliable..

thanks for lookin..

Chris Pauluk - Modesto CA 1984 Dodge Rampage 2.2 T2 MTX "The Trucklet" 1996 Contour GL ATX (with issues) 2002 Tacoma ext-cab MTX
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i have a haynes manual and it too has proven utterly useless on more than one occasion. welcome.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I couldnt fix the orignal post..
I just wanted to clear it up, I had the head gasket and all that good stuff done on the Contour, not the Tacoma..
If I could do that sort of stuff, im pretty sure i could figure out the trans setup

My expertise stops at Chrysler 2.2/2.5 turbo engines..
Any info on the ATX sittin to low would be great..
I cant wait to start driving the Contour again.. Ive got an Alpine cd/mp3/ipod dock/xm setup in it and the Tacoma even tho its a 4 banger, averages 24mpg

thanks again..

Chris Pauluk - Modesto CA 1984 Dodge Rampage 2.2 T2 MTX "The Trucklet" 1996 Contour GL ATX (with issues) 2002 Tacoma ext-cab MTX
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
go to classifieds, see Todra's ad for Ford Service Manuals on cd. they are the shizt! seriously, hundreds of CEGers can't be wrong.

ps whats richious?

"Its been a bunch of problems, but im close to having it richious and reliable.."

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I am guessing that the motor mounts are worn and it is causing the engine to sag on the side of the car with the tranny. I would check the front, back , and side motor mounts. It is also possible that the tranny mount bolt broke, that happened to mine.

Have someone sit in the car and rev it up in neutral, then have them put it and take it out of drive. See how much the motor rocks back and forth. Just don't let them do this drunk or you willl get run over.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by svt4stv:
go to classifieds, see Todra's ad for Ford Service Manuals on cd. they are the shizt! seriously, hundreds of CEGers can't be wrong.

ps whats richious?

"Its been a bunch of problems, but im close to having it richious and reliable.."

oops late night typo..

"righteous" Im assuming you truely didnt know what im talkin about? Its not all too far off really.. either that or your one of those spelling and grammer people? Cant quite peg ya tho?

which one are ya
thanks

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
no, im not. unless i wanna f*ck with ya
i really had no clue what you meant. and i taught special ed for three years. im damn near hyroglyphix-certified

not that youre spelling is wacked, i just didnt have a clue

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by svt4stv:
no, im not. unless i wanna f*ck with ya
i really had no clue what you meant. and i taught special ed for three years. im damn near hyroglyphix-certified

not that youre spelling is wacked, i just didnt have a clue

LOL

seems like when im tired and type anything that you'd swear that im special

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard