Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I have been reading through posts debating wet or dry systems, and I have come to the conclusion that a dry kit is probably a safer bet for someone unexperienced with nitrous.

I am interested in a 75hp shot with a zex kit (part number #82011 www.zex.com). This will work right?

I read zex's website and they said not ot use it on engines that consume oil. DemonSVT was telling me something about the SVT's design and how it leads to a little bit of oil consumption. Would this be a probem for me?

Does ADC need ot reprogram my xcal for nitrous or does that not apply to the zex kit because of it nitrous management unit? every thread i pull up says something about flip chips. Can I use the nitrous safely with the kit and colder plugs or do I really have to reprogram my xcal2?

Last edited by RandyCSVT; 09/29/05 01:26 AM.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
X2CAL Not Tuned for Nitrous + Nitrous = BOOM.

That is all.

Your X2 can be your 'flip' chip. The benefit to a flip chip is you get your program quicker. The X2 Cal as you know takes a few mintures to reflash.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
so lets say I reporgram the car back to stock and then use the nitrous?

If ADC retunes my xcal for nitrous would I lose the power I just gained from my xcal? I dont want to get a worse tune and lose power just to have the ability to use Nitrous. Could it be possible to get a tune acceptible for nitrous that would still give me the power I originally bought the xcal for?

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Cant the Xcal hold more than one tune? Leave your N/A power tune for everyday driving. Going to the track or a night of fun? Reflash for nitrous. Then when you are finished reflash back to N/A power. Its not like you'll use it all the time!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
that is a very good idea. I will have to get a nitrous specific tune to add to the xcal. I cant use the stock tune cause the car was running really crappy. I was having issues with the car chugging at low rpm's in 3rd gear and up. I put in the xcal tune and the problem went away. I am assuming I had some AFR issues.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
KingPin hit the nail on the head. HOwever, depending on the shot you are running you can run the stock tune as well. I ran ~80hp shot on my turd back in the day with no tuning...

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I cant use the stock tune, cause the car was running like crap before the xcal2. Will this second nitrous tune make my car have less power than it does now? righ now i get 182hp and 152tq to the wheels. Will the nitrous tune make those number lower when the nitrous is not being used?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It won't be an ideal N/A tune...but who cares, you should only be using the N2O tune when you plan on using the bottle. That's one of the advantages to the flip chip, takes all of 2 seconds to flip the chip. However, the flasher is the item to have and provides more flexibility.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Thanks for the help. Is there anything else I should worry about, anything else I should check?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I stand by the Zex kit as one of the best on the market.
(I've had the universal #82011 kit for over 2 years.)
With a proper nitrous tune you'll be very happy (and safe).

You should read the book "Sport Compact Nitrous Injection". Its filled with sll sorts of good info. The key to n20 is being educated.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard