Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I have this friend on mine who has an old Dell. She is having issues with it not recognizing the cd-rom and floppy drive. She called Microsoft and Dell and they managed to screw it up pretty bad so now she is looking ot just get a new machine.

Would anyone be interested in making a few bucks try to figure out what is wrong with this thing and help transfer files to her new machine from her old harddrive if she gets one? I was going to have her just ship it to me but its $75 each way!

PM me guys if you can help me out here. She will pay you!

- Tim
N
N
Hey Tim, has your friend in Baltimore gotten any help with the PC problems? I just bought a neat gadget from Best Buy that will easily allow me to pull files from the old hard drive. I work in Pittsburgh but am based in Baltimore. Let me know how to contact you directly if your friend is still looking for help.
Charlie
98 Black/Blue SVT all stock 66K

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I'm gonna give her a call today...hopefully it shouldn't be a big problem to get connected.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Still need help after a week? Send me a PM if so. I build PCs by the way, and my ad is in the classifieds under misc... since she is looking to get a new computer. If she does still need help, it'd be no problem for me to pull files from the old hard drive if she'd be willing to ship it to me.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I did talk to her...we're going to try to get it worked out once she gets the new computer.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Did she sound cute?

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Not telling.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
That's a yes for sure.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard