Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Subject is a 1998 Contour with the 2.0 Zetec and a 5-speed. Okay...I've got strong spark, and fuel to all 4 cylinders, but it still won't start. I'm wanting to check the crank and cam shaft position sensors. I have a Haynes manual, but the descriptions are a little thin. Can anyone tell me where the crankshaft position sensor (cks) and the camshaft position sensor(cps) are located. From the descriptions in the Haynes, I don't really see anything electrical. It says the cps is located behind the fuel rack/cylinder head, near where the fuel supply line is (engine's left side-rear), and the cks is front/lower, about where the tranny and engine meet. Please give me a better location description.

Thanks,
Alex Partridge

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by alexpartridge:
Subject is a 1998 Contour with the 2.0 Zetec and a 5-speed....the camshaft position sensor(cps) are located. ...

Originally posted by Tony2005:
Camshaft Position Sensor.
Originally posted by microtonal:
OK, I looked around the engine bay and found it.

...Anyway, here's a pic for the next guy who needs a visual of where it's located on the Zetec.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Thanks a million for the cam shaft position sensor, and yep, mine's in the same place. Now, can someone help me with the crankshaft position sensor?

Thanks,
Alex

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by alexpartridge:
... Now, can someone help me with the crankshaft position sensor?

Try this from Autozone.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/c4/47/0900823d801bc447.jsp

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard