Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1394022 09/24/05 10:42 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Has anyone seen this kit?
Alot of the 03/04 Cobra guys are using this company for a dry kit. Any opinions?
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1394023 09/26/05 04:44 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I've seen it.
I think I heard it uses mostly rebadged Edelbrock pieces.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
#1394024 09/26/05 08:15 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Do you think the foggers would fit under the UIM? I guess thats the only setback to a fogger system. I just dont want to send fuel through the SVT UIM. Can you say fuel puddling.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1394025 09/26/05 08:19 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
it will. i have a picture from a few years back of someone who did a fogger system on the 2.5L. Personally, I think unless your going to run a huge shot (100+) you'll be fine with a single nozzle kit, be it wet or dry.

Ryan Trollin!
#1394026 09/26/05 08:58 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by tropictour:
Do you think the foggers would fit under the UIM? I guess thats the only setback to a fogger system. I just dont want to send fuel through the SVT UIM. Can you say fuel puddling.
-tropictour

the fuel won't puddle automatically! it will if you spray it at like 2 grand, or if you shift to soon and the car bogs while you are still trying to spray.

i have done it 3 times...all in one night...the first time i sprayed the 75 shot. that was about 3 months ago. the car still runs fine and i haven't let it happen since then.

there is nothing wrong with a wet or dry kit as long as you know how to use both.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
#1394027 09/26/05 11:38 PM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Umm, long tube upper intake manifolds that are not designed for wet applications are the death of MANY wet nitrous kit users. If you want to understand how to use a type of nitrous kit, understand its function and how it will interact with the motor you will be using it on. First, YOU WILL wind up having a lean condition due to puddling with the 2.5l engine REGUARDLESS of when you spray the WET kit. You probably won't notice it until it is too late and you melt somthing important. A few things contribute to this - velocity and restriction. The UIM on the 2.5 has ALOT of LONG tubes with CRAZY bends in it. These bends allow the air to slow down long enough for the fuel to start to seperate from the mixture. The upper manifold isn't designed to keep the fuel rolling along with the rest of the mixture. For this reason, they make a DRY nitrous kit. This type of kit raises fuel pressure to make the fuel injectors spray more fuel every time they open. By spraying fuel at this point, you eliminate the worry of fuel puddling in the UIM, running lean due to spraying fuel/nitrous before the UIM and contribute to a more exacting fuel distribution. The nitrous on a dry kit gets sprayed before the throttle body and is carried harmlessly with the rest of the air entering the motor. For the 2.5 and 2.0 the only safe option with nitrous is a dry kit. If you want to keep living on the edge, Keep spraying your 2.5l with a wet kit. If you want to try to be smart about it, check your plugs RIGHT AFTER you spray. Run the nitrous and as soon as your done with your run - PULL OVER (At the turn at the end of the drag strip) and pull them, ALL OF THEM and look to see how your car is running on the spray. Quick little bursts might not hurt anything by themselves, but they could add up over time. I have a few boxes of melted parts I could share with you if you want to know how much time and money I have put into researching nitrous use on the 2.0l and 2.5l.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.
#1394028 09/27/05 01:43 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
hey dude no need to be a smartass! i know what it can do...and maybe i don't really care. i am just trying to see how much abuse the lil 2.5 will 120,000+ miles can take...and right now it can take a 75 shot. with good lookin plugs, and a motor that runs just as good everytime i turn the key.

i don't need you to preach to me about nitrous, or else i would have asked. i was just stating my real world experiences!

my goal is to not be like you with a "box full" of melted parts...i'd like to only have 1-2 cause some people learn from there mistakes unlike... .

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
#1394029 09/27/05 02:06 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
You know the REALLY odd thing?

You called him a smart*aleck*.. but you only made yourself look like one. his answers, although they didn't agree with YOUR opinion, were merely HIS opinion and were well thought out.. they not only explained his REASONING behind WHY he thinks this way, they gave insight in to how to avoid this problem.

So far, you've only contradicted everything he said, without any reasoning, or ideas/facts about WHY. SURE: you want to do whatever you choose.. but can you at least give a little information/reasoning/facts behind it before you "preach" about how SAFE the kit is? (Like you said he should preach... People are going to read your answer and assume that kit is safe. If you are going to "preach" about how safe it is, give reasons how it will work fine. Alhough, I would EXPECT him to give reasons behind his opinion as well (which he did)

Bottom line: He wasn't being a smart*aleck* and he wasn't "preaching". He gave prompt, organized, relevant reasoning to his beliefs. You should try it.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1394030 09/27/05 02:53 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
hmm maybe i'll try that....oops didn't work.

#1394031 09/27/05 03:00 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
There are those that take the time to instruct.. teach.. and mold. Those that care about future users.. future learners, and future generations. Those that give freely of their knowledge, increasing the health, comfort and safety of those around them. Those that invest time, energy and countless hours in to making something more friendly, more enjoyable, or more productive. These are the people of tomorrow.. and the people that I would give anything to..from a respect not easily earned.. and given to the few who truly DO.. "care".

And there are those that.. quite simply... do not.

I think we should all ask ourselves, "Where do I stand?",
and we should be ashamed (most of us) when we hear our answer.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard