Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Rich (sosaudio1) and I got me a 2001 Mercury Cougar this weekend! Runs great! 170HP...V6 Duratec...Loving it!!!! Rich is already planning mods for it! LOL....Phil...we are going to come your way soon (hopefully w/in the next month or so anyway)!!

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Yeah...Its very nice. It is in the shop getting some minor things fixed and a bumper replaced....ummmm welll lemmie explain that too.

See, the stuff that was supposed to get fixed did. So I get there and the woman behind the desk says. "We will get someone to go bring your car around. I say ok and I wait....and I wait........and I wait.........and this guy comes flying around me and goes into the office that I was just outside of waiting on my car. Lady, pages two people and dude comes out. First words out of his mouth..."Dude, I gotta talk to you." I say ok and he proceeds to tell me " I wrecked your car trying to bring it to you" You know that sinking feeling.... Let's keep in mind, we just picked the car up last Friday....Anyway, I see red for a bit and I tell him "Alright, let's go see it."
"It wasn't too bad" - Service Man (22 years old)
(No Comment) - Rich
"I just don't understand, I thought that the parking brake was set." - SM
(No Comment) - Rich

We then find body shop man Dan bringing in another car...

"Alright so what do we do next..." - Rich
"There is the guy I need to see" - SM

Dan Rolls window down on other car

"What's Up?" - Dan
Pausing as if he is about to lose composure...
"We have a situation" - SM
"Huh?" - Dan
"I just wrecked this man's car?" - SM
"It's not too bad..." - SM
"Well let's go see it, these things happen, we will get it fixed" - Dan

The three of us go walk out and the service man proceeds to tell me that he was 22 and he was shaken up by the whole experience and that this was the first accident he has gotten into. I gotta say...poor guy...he was shaken quite a bit.

So there is the car...door open...up against another car. Passenger side bumper tagged and resting up against a brand new Crown Vic or whatever the Merc equiv is. The body shop guy takes and begins to back it up....only he doesn't quite get control of it and it rolls down and kisses the other brand new car again.

Popped the bumper out on both sides a part in the middle and it just looked overall in bad shape. When he backed it up the bumper came down after being raked up on the Crown Vic and was loose. He got off lucky because, it looks like it didn't damage the lights and it didn't hurt the brandnew foglamp assembly that got put in that I did pay for.

So new bumper for me...hope they will also sand out and repaint the place where the car was keyed at one time..I asked as a courtesy....

But, you know, I got mad for a bit BUT I gotta say that the guys up there were really nice...so far....and IF they do as good a job as they say they are, then I will go around to all the people involved and thank them for a good job.

I can be a monster when I am pushed but I can be cool when things warrant. You take care of me and I will make sure things are good. You push me and lets just see what I do

Sheesh...What a day
L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Man, that's gotta be a bummer. Wasn't too bad & you may get some extra work out of it, so all should be well.

Hope things will work out OK. Keep us updated.

Congrats again you two on the nuptuals, & enjoy that Cougar Lori!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
LOL! was this at Ray Pearman L-M?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

THANKS!!!!! I plan to enjoy it if I ever get it back!!!!!

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
LOL! was this at Ray Pearman L-M?

yes as a matter of fact

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by BurntRubber:

Hey Lori!! Not sure if Rich told ya, but I am going to make you up some roll restrictors. I still have to install my rear one, and I have my new front. So, all I have to do is install my rear, fill them up and let them set.

When we talked today, we decided that we will have to make plans to meet up and I will clean out the intake for you as well. So, maybe we can do both at the sametime.

Also, think about getting some rear poly bushings for the rear swaybar and endlinks. Both the roll restrictors and the swaybar bushings were the best mods I have done to my car... for the money anyway. $10 bucks for the stuff to fill my roll restrictors and $10.50 for the bushings.

Look at me, just skipping all the nice stuff and jumping straight to the mods... making like a little kid and being all rude!!

Congrats on the ride!!

Oh hell... I'm all giddy inside! I haven't been able to work on mine in like forever. My birthday is on the 4th, so keep that in mind when making plans... Hint! BBQ... HINT! HINT!

Last edited by unisys12; 09/25/05 03:54 AM.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C

Happy birthday man, mines on the 12th! And the baby is due to be born by sept 30th. Hmmm baby shower/bday parties @ the bbq place lol. J/K! Congrats on the car Lori. Im still ridin round in my contour. Only prob i have with it at the moment is a bad O2 sensor. Besides that, its runnin sweet. Dont seem to like when others but me drive her though. She gives em hell from that bad sensor. Not me though. Well, yall keep in touch, sorry i havent been around. Between work, kids in school, baby on the way, and getting things worked out with joe, i havent had time to sign on to even check mail lately! Its been a madhouse here!!!! Painting, cleaning, and all those other good things mommies-to-be go through doing...well needless to say, never a dull moment. Yall gimme a holler sometime, 489-1222 or my cell which is 652-8996. Take care
Amanda

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by unisys12:
Originally posted by BurntRubber:

Hey Lori!! Not sure if Rich told ya, but I am going to make you up some roll restrictors. I still have to install my rear one, and I have my new front. So, all I have to do is install my rear, fill them up and let them set.

When we talked today, we decided that we will have to make plans to meet up and I will clean out the intake for you as well. So, maybe we can do both at the sametime.

Also, think about getting some rear poly bushings for the rear swaybar and endlinks. Both the roll restrictors and the swaybar bushings were the best mods I have done to my car... for the money anyway. $10 bucks for the stuff to fill my roll restrictors and $10.50 for the bushings.

Look at me, just skipping all the nice stuff and jumping straight to the mods... making like a little kid and being all rude!!

Congrats on the ride!!

Oh hell... I'm all giddy inside! I haven't been able to work on mine in like forever. My birthday is on the 4th, so keep that in mind when making plans... Hint! BBQ... HINT! HINT!

Sounds like a good idea...Mid october good??? We have stuff going on the beginning and end of October....Chattanooga next weekend to go to the aquarium....Chattanooga the end of the month to go see the Blue Angels and BBQ sounds VERRY Good!!!!!

And oh yeah, the mods!!! We figured out yesterday how to do the rear brakes and rotors...someone said PITA....I will leave it at that.... umm let's just say that 6 hours is a bad record for me doing brakes. First wheel pass side did not want to come off...started having bad recollections of people having their wheels stuck on for one reason or another and major surgery to remove them... just had to grunt and pull kick and pull and it fought and came off. Ok so now to the caliper for the rear brakes. After figuring out I started working on the wrong bolt (thanks to fastcougar.com) I started working on the right two bolts. Got them out and the pass caliper off and now to remove the rotor...GGGGRRRUNT...now to remove the rotor.....ummmm NOW to remove the...wait I need more tools....go to get the hammer!!!! GRRRR Bang on rotor hub a couple times...then pull and then bang on the lug studs and pull and voila it is off...ugh so after figuring out how to put the pads on and fighting fighting and fighting more they were on on both sides and I bled a bit, bought some more tools and can say that has been done...really wanted to put some ceramic pads on it but we could not find someone with ceramic local and the other pads were GONE!!!

Anyway
Fun fun fun
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
And oh yeah, the mods!!! We figured out yesterday how to do the rear brakes and rotors...someone said PITA....I will leave it at that.... umm let's just say that 6 hours is a bad record for me doing brakes. First wheel pass side did not want to come off...started having bad recollections of people having their wheels stuck on for one reason or another and major surgery to remove them... just had to grunt and pull kick and pull and it fought and came off. Ok so now to the caliper for the rear brakes. After figuring out I started working on the wrong bolt (thanks to fastcougar.com) I started working on the right two bolts. Got them out and the pass caliper off and now to remove the rotor...GGGGRRRUNT...now to remove the rotor.....ummmm NOW to remove the...wait I need more tools....go to get the hammer!!!! GRRRR Bang on rotor hub a couple times...then pull and then bang on the lug studs and pull and voila it is off...ugh so after figuring out how to put the pads on and fighting fighting and fighting more they were on on both sides and I bled a bit, bought some more tools and can say that has been done...really wanted to put some ceramic pads on it but we could not find someone with ceramic local and the other pads were GONE!!!

Anyway
Fun fun fun
Rich

Dude! Way didn't you use the Ford CD you made a copy of the last time we were over there?

Doh!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard