D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

I dunno if its just me, but I thought putting on a catback gave around 8hp increase?

Adding a "second pipe and muffler" to a single exhaust system (i.e. quasi-dual) is just for looks.
The second pipe and muffler do nothing but add weight and looks. (i.e. balanced rear view in the SVT's case)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well I have to trust Demon.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

I dunno if its just me, but I thought putting on a catback gave around 8hp increase?

Adding a "second pipe and muffler" to a single exhaust system (i.e. quasi-dual) is just for looks.
The second pipe and muffler do nothing but add weight and looks. (i.e. balanced rear view in the SVT's case)

well I am not 100% sure but I saw a power increase when I put SVT exhaust on my car, that along with the airbox and optimized y-pipe (where most of the power came from) was maybe 8hp together. I can 140 Hp on a mustang dyno with the airbox and the FSVT 17's. second time I got 154 standard correction on a dynojet after adding the optimized y-pipe, SVT main cata nd SVT exhaust and a drop in K&N

its got to help some, but most likely not a whole lot

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
After I put the SVT exhaust on my car it pulls a little harder up top.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

True, but replacing that horrid resonator with a proper straight through design will help a little on the top end, as will a modded Y. Along with a good intake system upgrade, you'll get the punch of a few extra HP.

I've put an SVT exhaust on 2 V-6 Contiques now, & replaced the res with a Magnaflow 5x8 on both of them. More free revving up top for sure. HP increase? - likely yes, but not measured. I do mine for the sound & the looks...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Every one is missing the point.

You will get the same gains (if not "technically" a hair better) from a well made single exhaust compared to a well made quasi dual exhaust. (i.e mandrel bent & straight through mufflers) Plus it will weigh less.

That's not an assumption, not a guess, but simple fact.

Comparing an SVT exhaust to stock is not comparing two a like exhaust systems. The SVT uses bigger single piping then stock for starters. Also since you are using stock POS baffled mufflers then half the airflow through 2 is probably a touch better than all of it through 1. That's because of how terribly restrictive baffled mufflers are and Not because adding a second pipe adds power.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by brapple:

well I am not 100% sure but I saw a power increase when I put SVT exhaust on my car, that along with the airbox and optimized y-pipe (where most of the power came from) was maybe 8hp together. I can 140 Hp on a mustang dyno with the airbox and the FSVT 17's. second time I got 154 standard correction on a dynojet after adding the optimized y-pipe, SVT main cata nd SVT exhaust and a drop in K&N

its got to help some, but most likely not a whole lot

Unless you go back to the same dyno, that comparison is worthless.

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Maybe he is doing it jsut for looks, who cares!

Fast Cheap reliable Pick two
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
It will sound/look good. Just do it.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
It will sound/look good. Just do it.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard