Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1388349 09/18/05 07:34 AM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
yes i have changed the plugs and wires. I have ford racing 9mm wires and stock plugs i think they are just what the ford dealer put in. they were both changed a little over a year ago. I have not changed the ground wires or upgraded them with a grounding kit or anything like that. It was throwing codes for the mass airflow sensor so i cleaned it with some electrical cleaner and it went off and it hasnt thown anymore. I think it was running really rich so do you think that the plugs could be fouled? I know some about our cars just not nearly as much as most of you. so thank you for helping

1998.5 SVT Contour silver frost Intake, Exhaust, 20% mirror all around, 18" ALT stanima wheels, Eibach's, B&M short throw, 9mm ford racing wires, SAFC II, oem carbonfiber hood, MSDS headers, Panasonic head unit and one alpine 10".
#1388350 09/18/05 07:21 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Keyser:
12.0 isn't that rich on a duratec. I tried everywhere from 13.5 down to 11.5. From 12 to 13 there isn't that much of a difference. It could be leaned a touch but you won't go 'Holy shirt this is better' at 12.5.

Whatever the issue it's mechanical. My guess is the coil or a wire is arching. All of your grounds are good right?

Thats not really what I wanted to hear.

In any case, Im only asking this in this thread because it seems worth it for both neversummer and myself to possibly check. I have been noticing the charging system hasnt been quite what it used to, but the alternator has been tested and its fine. Can we get a list of grounding points to check? I only know of the few I can see easily, I would need to know where the rest are. This is something neversummer should possibly look at as well.

Or are you just talking about the ignition grounds?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1388351 09/18/05 07:54 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
There is a ground on the coil itself that needs to be on. There is are two that attach on the passenger side, one to the fire wall and the other to the fender. One of these is for the ECU that could have been left off on an AFC install. On the driver side there is one that goes from the fender to a bolt on the trans and there is another ground next to the fuse box. That's all I can remember. I sold my Contour last December so details like that are a little fuzzy.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard