Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I haven't pics or your car in a while, but I think this looks a lot like yours.

eBay

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
me? nope. that's Dan's car. apparently he sold it and the new guy is now selling it...sounds kinda suspicious. why that person would buy Dan's car and immediately try to sell it...makes me wonder if the motor's on its way out. Dan was asking a lot for that car and there is no way an ebay auction will fetch even near that much. clean car though if anyone's interested in it.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Yup, def. Dan's car. Hopefully it isn't Dan who is selling it because he would know that some of us here would eventually find it on ebay, and we all know there's NO way in H3LL....
1) ....that those rims are only 7 mos. old- since I first saw them in person over 1 year ago.
2) ....that the car question has ever SEEN a dyno, let alone pulled 220 fwhp on one.

"The most beautiful Ford Contour SVT on the west coast" sounds eerily familiar- but it couldn't be Dan though because he obviously sold his car and has moved to Mexico, right?...

Hopefully the prospective (hidden) "bidders" are asking PLENTY of questions....

Just my 2 cents.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
last time i saw that car the stock clutch was on its way out. Sounds like someone put a spec clutch in it. I wounder how many miles is on the car. I wounder if someone turned back the odo.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i agree with your one and two completely vudu. i thought the same thing.

that "custom painted red calipers with SVT logos" cracks me up

Last edited by svt4stv; 09/16/05 03:53 AM.

Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
dan moved to mexico?

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yep, his parents sold their house here and moved there to retire and bought a huge house with a separate guest house on a fair amount of land. dan said raising his family there would be much more ecomonically feasible then doing it here. he didn't make much. supposedly he left in july or august. i believe the mileage to be accurate but that horsepower thing is a bunch of crap. dan never ever mentioned to me anything about having ever dynoed that car and even if he had i guarantee you it would get no where near 220 fwhp. i saw his car around april or may when he was entering it in that car show at knotts. very very very clean. iirc he wanted something like $9000 for it. never gonna get that. as far as the engine is concerned, it sounded good though i never drove it.

edit- i like dan and all but after reading the description i noticed something. chuck, read the description begining where it says "This Contour is a very strong pulling vehicle" up to where it says "Always been garaged." compare to how dan speaks and tell me it does not sound like him. i'm not saying it is but it sounds close.

Last edited by JB1; 09/16/05 07:17 AM.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by JB1:
edit- i like dan and all but after reading the description i noticed something. chuck, read the description begining where it says "This Contour is a very strong pulling vehicle" up to where it says "Always been garaged." compare to how dan speaks and tell me it does not sound like him. i'm not saying it is but it sounds close.

I agree, and since he's never been anything but a stand-up guy with me, I'm hoping all works out well for him and his family. That is all I have to say on that matter.

BTW, nice to hear from you again James. Hope all is well.... It's officially Friday, so things ought to be looking up for you, eh? What's with the screen-name change?

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by vudusvt:

1)since he's never been anything but a stand-up guy with me, I'm hoping all works out well for him and his family.
2)BTW, nice to hear from you again James. Hope all is well.... It's officially Friday, so things ought to be looking up for you, eh? What's with the screen-name change?

1)agreed. despite what happened here dan was always cool with me.

2)i still can't get my 2k install to boot for some dumb reason, but yes things are better. as for the name change, the original was just to be obnoxious and since it was my licsence plate i changed it to my csvt when i changed my plates. since i don't have those plates anymore either i decided to go with a less ceg specific name to use on other forums i visit. an uncle used to call me this as a child.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard