Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I did it! easier then I thought it would be..I mounted a set of PIAA 510's onto SE brackets, they are really different then the SVT ones but I managed..heres what I did..

Heres what I started with..

TOOLS NEEDED

- a 3/8 drill bit
- 3 hours
- dremel or a sawzal (spelling?)
- phillips screwdriver

You need to take the stock lights outa the brackets by removing the adjuster screw from the bottom, once you screw it out, the spring comes out and all you hafta do is just losen the sides and the foglight will pop outa the bracket..

Next up I lay the PIAA light onto the bracket to get an Idea of where I hafta drill my hole so that I could bolt it into the bracker but first you hafta shave off the plastic piece that kinda acts as a support..

rough Idea of what I had to do..

Here is the part I mentioned where you have to shave off that support piece..

before..

After

Now comes the part where you hafta drill the hole and bolt the PIAA onto the bracket, it wont be easy getting the PIAA in because the bracket isn't meant for the PIAA, it will take time but as stated, its never gonna be a perfect fit..I got mine to lock in and hopefully it wont move here and there..heres the finish product

This Howto should be used as a reference or a guide, whatever you wanna call it. If somthing goes wrong, dont come blamming me and I will not be responsible if somthing were to go wrong..

ANY QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK, PLEASE PM ME!

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Great job!

P.S. Pete - IMHO should be posted as a sticky.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by R_G:
Great job!

P.S. Pete - IMHO should be posted as a sticky.

he's been PM'd

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
doh, if I knew it was that easy i would have gotten a set and not goten oem ones from spmotorsports

oh well

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by brapple:
doh, if I knew it was that easy i would have gotten a set and not goten oem ones from spmotorsports

oh well

dude these PIAA's were alright to put in, the Hella's however would be even easier..

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I just realized somthing..will the bolt sticking down on the bracket be obstructing anything on the bumper? thanks

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I just realized somthing..will the bolt sticking down on the bracket be obstructing anything on the bumper? thanks

i don't think so because the part of the bracket then meets the bumper is where the clip is for the screw, I think there would be space

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

oh well

dude these PIAA's were alright to put in, the Hella's however would be even easier..

well I got new ones because mine are starting/have melted for some reason, plus at $30 for two at spmotorsports I figured it was a good deal, but I know the hellas are on'y like what $50?

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

oh well

well I got new ones because mine are starting/have melted for some reason, plus at $30 for two at spmotorsports I figured it was a good deal, but I know the hellas are on'y like what $50?

Did you do the 885 mod...I know when i did it melted them badly, Even melted my bumper

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
After doing now both Hella's and PIAA's. I now know why PIAAs are $200+. their quality was superb, although the reflector inside was the same and only had a PIAA bulb, the lens was the thing was really thick. I looked as if it almost survive anything. It was built very strongly. The hella ones are alright and they pretty much serve the purpose. If you really want PIAA's and cant afford them, get the Hellas and swap in PIAA H3 bulbs..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard