Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SVTMann Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
As my Omnifi system was getting installed at circuit city i saw a silver frost CSVT parked in the back (service area) of Drew Ford in La mesa. Unfortunately it had "AEM" decals on the sideviews, last i checked that's not kosher.

98 E0 T-red CSVT (66k) Borla, FMS wires, BAT intake, Omnifi DMP1, LA mono amp, 12" JL W3v2, NO SUNROOF! "In the poker game of life, women are the rake. The fuching rake." -Worm Looking for good clutch assembly and brakes. PMe
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Well, AEM does make a short ram intake for our cars, its just not an ideal design.

Before I bought my car, I almost bought a silver CSVT from Drew. I went Saturday morning, but they had sold it at 8pm Friday.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
SVTMann Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
i stand corrected then. Thanks bud. Did i read that harley moved away from san diego?

98 E0 T-red CSVT (66k) Borla, FMS wires, BAT intake, Omnifi DMP1, LA mono amp, 12" JL W3v2, NO SUNROOF! "In the poker game of life, women are the rake. The fuching rake." -Worm Looking for good clutch assembly and brakes. PMe
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTMann:
i stand corrected then. Thanks bud. Did i read that harley moved away from san diego?

I got him locked up in my closet, keeps the boogieman away.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by path914:
Well, AEM does make a short ram intake for our cars, its just not an ideal design.

Care to explain to me how it is not an ideal design when it put the filter in the same place as the KKM. The holy intake of CEG. At least the AEM comes with an replacement pipe.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SVTMann:

Lucky for me Eric lets me use his labtop in the closet.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by myfastse:
Originally posted by path914:

Care to explain to me how it is not an ideal design when it put the filter in the same place as the KKM. The holy intake of CEG. At least the AEM comes with an replacement pipe.

Sure, I love to explain things...

First the filter is a little too small (similar to the KKM, which hasn't been the preferred intake for years ), second, the filter doesn't come with a heatshield or piping to get colder air. Third, the replacement pipe is smaller than the stock pipe.

Anything else I can explain...?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Since you asked ..... have you been following the very active transaxle thread? Think I'm gonna dump my recently installed MTL. Bill Jenkin's site has the honey for $17.xx and the XL7 for $5.99. I called Drew Ford earlier today and the quoted me $4.32 for the honey! I gave them the correct part number, it has to be a mistake. I Plan on stopping by tomorrow and if the sell it cheap I may just stock up. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Attn. Moderator; this is not another hi-jack as my post speaks to a location in the subject line.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Marky:
Since you asked ..... have you been following the very active transaxle thread? Think I'm gonna dump my recently installed MTL. Bill Jenkin's site has the honey for $17.xx and the XL7 for $5.99. I called Drew Ford earlier today and the quoted me $4.32 for the honey! I gave them the correct part number, it has to be a mistake. I Plan on stopping by tomorrow and if the sell it cheap I may just stock up. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Attn. Moderator; this is not another hi-jack as my post speaks to a location in the subject line.

Well ill jack the thread
I have been running penzoil syncromesh for prob. close to 6months now, and its good. Recomended my demon. It clearly states it for trannys with soft bronze metal like what our syncros and shifter forks are made out of. I havent read much of the "watch out" thread, But i could only inagine mtl might not be 100% great for the softer metals in the box. I doubt mtl alone would cause any kind of failure esp. a diff.
Yo eric were you running mtl when you blew your diff. or were you on the cocktail?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Well as you know I just bought this thing, and from the carfax It was owned by a dealership for the first 9k miles. It may have had the fluid changed once, probably ATF. I filled it with MTL in May. Think I'll do as suggested and run straight ATF for a couple days and then go with the honey and XL-7. Only about sixty bucks, I like to do maint. and I'll feel better. The car has just under 42k on it now with no problems and I want to keep it that way. The way I see it is MTL is a potential problem, the honey (Ford part # XT-M5-QS) was developed for MTX's, my mind is made up. See TSB 00-0-1.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard