Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1384671 09/13/05 11:57 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Bike2112:

Hate to bust your bubble, but anyone working for Snyder is a puppet...even Gibbs. Yes he has an ironclad contract, but at the end of the day he is EMPLOYED by Snyder. Not the other way around. Even the mighty Gibbs is vunerable to a greedy bas tard like Snyder.

Bubble remains unburst.

Just because you are employed by someone, their character (flaws) are not necessarily a reflection of how the business is run - in any industry - as you have generalized.

In addition, it is clearly apparent that you dislike Snyder - fine. But don't act like people can't change. A businessman as successful as Snyder doesn't make that much money without the ability to change.

As many well-respected Redskin journalists have stated, Gibbs had total control with his racing teams and would only come back to football under certain circumstances:
1. To the Redskins
2. Total control

The proof is in the pudding. When Snyder was meddling, the coaches (Turner, Shott, Ballcoach) did not have total control, hence he was meeting with the coachesin the locker room, making statements, press conferences, etc. Is that happening now? Not that we are aware of (and highly unlikely).

I was excited as any Redskin fan was when Gibbs was hired having been an avid fan for almost 30 years, and followed the entire thing very closely - articles, analysis, etc. Gibbs is back because he does have total control. The first hint of Snyder meddling and Gibbs would walk. There is no reason for him to stay as he has nothing to prove.

Gibbs has money, Super Bowls, reputation, total control and success with his racing team, etc. Why would he come back? For fun. Is Snyder meddling fun? No. Logic would dictate he would only come back on his terms - nothing less. If you think otherwise, you are in the minority, and I would welcome any authoritative opinion that agrees with you (I seriously doubt you would find a single one).

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1384672 09/14/05 03:13 AM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Pete,
As much as I would want them to go 9-7. The NFC East gets tougher each year and I'm by no means happy with our QB situation. I do see him picking up solid players each year in the draft, Taylor, Rogers, and Campbell are all solid picks. I laugh when I think about Winslow. Gibbs went with what best fit the team and not his personal preference for offense. He's making choices to add players for the long run. I think the Portis for Bailey was perfect considering the much greater restrictions on PI.

I want improvement and I think I'll see it. Dump Ramsay, Gibbs likes veterans more than young QB's. Take the time to develope Campbell into a long term solution. He has the physical skills.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#1384673 09/14/05 04:43 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Until the 'Skins get a GOOD QB, and I'm not talkinga bout someone hanging on to the end of a good career, and some good wideouts, they will be a sub-par team. The D seems to be there, but the key ingredients are missing....Gibbs or no Gibbs..

Ryan Trollin!
#1384674 09/14/05 02:35 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Pete,

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you so to speak. Let's agree to disagree.

I am only basing my opinion off of conversations directly with people within the Redskins organization and with the Snyders themselves. Yes, I have spoken with the Snyders directly.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
#1384675 09/14/05 06:54 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Snyder is a pr*ck. when i worked at the training camp (contracted to put up tents, i worked for the tent company) he had a guy come out tell to reverse my shirt b/c it was a yankees shirt. then i hear from my boss that Synder's people threatened to fire our company if it happened again. i could understand if it was a dallas shirt, but that's an entirely different sport. he walks around training camp with these goons like someone is going to steal his wallet. well, i wouldn't mind stealing his wallet, probably thicker than mine...

i believe it's called Napolean Syndrome???

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
#1384676 09/14/05 08:17 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Snyder is often referred to as "Mr 33" behind his back. Why? It's his jacket size.

#1384677 09/14/05 08:18 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?"
"The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it?
"Nah baby, your money."

Swingers is an awesome movie

#1384678 09/15/05 02:14 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
so the consensus is they still suck! :-)

Ryan Trollin!
#1384679 09/15/05 04:15 PM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
so the consensus is they still suck! :-)

Ryan, I hate it when you are so diplomatic and just like to beat around the bush. Just for once, spit it out, say it like it is, let us know exactly what you think without sugarcoating it.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
#1384680 09/15/05 07:46 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Suck, No!

They lost very little and added some solid players. Getting Jansen back and adding Raybach were solid moves. Rogers will be a solid corner and the energy of Arrington on field will help. Trading away unhappy Coles for Moss was a wash talent wise but added a positive person over a negative one. I'll take Patten over Rod "I here foot steps" Gardner any day. There D has never sucked, Greg Williams our savior. In honesty, they only suck in one position, albeit the most important.

Had jackass not dropped the kick return it would have likely been a shut out.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard