M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
If anybody is going i'll see you there.

Say hi to the red miata.

STS2 #94

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Have fun, and I want pics!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You can have pics when you go out there

I might take a few crappy pics but my camera skills suck.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Somebody will be taking pics. It's Nationals!

Although, if you've seen one Miata...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RogerB:
Although, if you've seen one Miata...

I have noticed that if I bring out the MSP I get 5-6 pictures taken of it but if I bring out the miata I am lucky to get one (it seems like they take one picture of a red miata and that is enough red miata's for that day so if I am in a later heat I am out of luck

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I'm back....

I got 10th in STS2 out of 24.

http://scca.com/Event/Result.asp?Ref2=46

Not bad for installing coilovers 2 days before heading out and picking up new wheels/tires on the way out and never getting the car aligned. The miata clutch was also slipping on the way out there and only got worse at the event. It was so bad that when I got home I parked it and I don't think will be moving again until I figure out what I am doing with the clutch (orginal with 127,000 miles on it and the last 20,000 has been a lot of AutoX)

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Wow, very impressive! Good luck getting it fixed.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Thanks for helping fill that class, hopefully it'll be off of the provisional list next year.

Also, Jim Feinberg is a good buddy, shame he had to kick your heinie with a slipping clutch and broken rear swaybar mount!

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by weargle:
Thanks for helping fill that class, hopefully it'll be off of the provisional list next year.

Also, Jim Feinberg is a good buddy, shame he had to kick your heinie with a slipping clutch and broken rear swaybar mount!

Class needs to have 3 years of 25+ to be considered for national status. This is the first year it has had it. Andy Hollis has said on the SCCA Forums that if we get a lot of people coming out at national events this coming year it might be a full national class for 2007 but I dont think anybody is holding their breath on that one.

I think Jim has a bit more prep done to his car and a bit more time driving it setup that way and I don't think his clutch was slipping any more than mine was.

I went there just hoping to not get last place so anything more than that and I was happy.

I still don't know if I will be running STS2 next year or GS next year and will not know for another month or so. But I will be at a few national events having fun.

I saw Jim Feinberg at the Triad Sports Car Club AutoX in Danville, VA recently and he did not even know I was at nationals in STS2 (I was one of the many miata's)

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard