Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
correct. it may be kind of hard to remove the nut, remove the retaining clip and unlock the other small connector. it was for me at least.

once you have all the wires removed from the alternator. pull the harness up above the engine right above the alternator, next to the coil pack, do your modifications there and then feed the wires back down and put everything back. if you have large hands it might be tough but YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE ALTERNATOR! just take your time.

~Crystian 2000 Se sport 2001 Lightning(Sorry!your mom cant come with us)
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by GoldenTour:
correct. .....
if you have large hands it might be tough but YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE ALTERNATOR! just take your time.

I have small hands. So, I guess I am golden then. No, you are Golden(Tour). Thanks again.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
definately thanks again. I will be trying the fix this week. I will keep everyone posted

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
maybe you can also take some good pics. so we can come up with a simple HOW-To. i think its something that should be posted. what do you guys think? who wants to write it up?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
who wants to write it up?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Ray:
who wants to write it up?

Ray

YOU!! i should have figured you would want to. you just want to be cast in gold, huh there Almighty.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
hahaha!

You guys never cease to amaze me. (or make me chuckle)

I don't mind writing it up, though to be honest its much easier to do it if you actually performed the task. The writeup is only as concise as the planning during the task (missing pictures, steps, or tool sizes makes it less than effective)

So.. I will write it up, but only if I have that information (at which point, they'll have alredy done THAT much work, they may as well write it up, too!)

Anyway... If someone just has an absolute disgust for writing things, then I will write it, otherwise it would likely be a better how-to if they wrote it themselves.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
hahaha!

You guys never cease to amaze me. (or make me chuckle)
Ray

Once again, all hail Ray The Almighty!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So, being lazy, I'm trying to think this through before I actually do any work I have a flickering battery light, but I have no other symptoms. I mean the car runs perfect, my lights dont dim, instrumentation is all accurate and normal. Only symptom I have anything wrong is a flickering light. Is there some voltages I should be checking first before I go about rewiring stuff? Or is that besides the point for me?

If it comes down to it, and I have to rewire this sucker, I could take some good pics and write-up a how-to (kind of ironic after posting how lazy I was huh?)

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Is there some voltages I should be checking first before I go about rewiring stuff?

Test the charge on the battery. Engine off, turn on lights for one minute (should be 12 volts or slightly more).

Test for alternator, car running, voltage should be 14 to 14.5 volts

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard