Print Thread
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
#1377141 01/23/06 10:10 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Corbett:
I use my faith to believe in God, not in science. After all, if I needed solid proof like God actually standing in front of me (which is what it woud take for a majority of people in this thread) to believe God actually exists, then it would not be faith at all. It would be a proven and undeniable fact.

But i find it ironic that the same people who that is what it would take to believe in God, choose to believe wholeheartedly that the theory of evolution is fact, when it is not.

I'd rather have faith in God over science, then vice versa.

That's been my point throughout this thread, yet these guys fail to grasp that concept. So much for being open-minded and considerate of others' views.

#1377142 01/23/06 10:11 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ResidentAdvisor:

You lost me when you called Nebraska a southern state.

Maybe he is saying southern to refer to hicks. just my theory.

Which, if he was referring to me, would be even less correct than saying Nebraska is a southern state.

#1377143 01/23/06 10:13 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I believe in what I believe in, but I wont talk down about someone's else's beliefs (like some of you do in this thread), nor will I say that someone else's belief is "wrong". You are entitled to that belief as I am mine.

Look up some of these words: tact, class, respect

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1377144 01/23/06 10:23 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ODC:

You are very threatened by the idea of evolution.

I also don't think you "choose" creationism over evolution, moreso I'd say its "indoctrination".

Actually, I think you are very threatened by the idea that a higher power actually exists. But we will leave that for another thread.

- Tim
#1377145 01/23/06 10:24 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:

I am mistaken, sorry. I did more reading and turns out I was wrong. Anyways, why are you dodging what I asked? If you guys are such proponents of this 'god created everything' crap why don't you give me example(s) you said you had? It's like you just wanted to point out I was wrong and laugh. I admit I was wrong, now where is your proof that god or jesus or whatever exists? Please, I want hard empirical evidence that you said you had.

By the way, I am writing my own 'bible' called "The Bible - Slackmaster Edition." Its going to be written my way, including a few facts from history to make it look legit. I wonder if I can get people to believe it, rofl.

Bottom line, stop with the "i'm better then you" junk and let me know what proof you have. The people on the evolution side have presented a bunch of different things that show evolution is works.

The thing I don't understand is how people can say that we are so complex that we had to have been created by a higher power. How can you believe that? I mean seriously, its painfully obvious that the things that were not as complex and were not working DIED. The things that did not pan out in our environment on this plant died, and are gone. Let me know when I am wrong here, since you guys know so much more then me

Well honestly you are allowed to believe whatever you want. I however, choose to believe that God created life. Why? Because it says He did in the Bible.

I use my faith to believe in God, not in science. After all, if I needed solid proof like God actually standing in front of me (which is what it woud take for a majority of people in this thread) to believe God actually exists, then it would not be faith at all. It would be a proven and undeniable fact.

But i find it ironic that the same people who that is what it would take to believe in God, choose to believe wholeheartedly that the theory of evolution is fact, when it is not.

I'd rather have faith in God over science, then vice versa.

That�s all well and nice, but where are the empirical facts? Don't dodge the question and tell me I can believe whatever I want. I know that, but I want to know what proof you have that your theory is more valid then mine. Nothing else, just what proof you have. By proof, I don't mean a book that was passed down orally a ton of times, embellished and exaggerated then written down many years later.

Please enlighten me.

#1377146 01/23/06 10:25 PM
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
I believe in what I believe in, but I wont talk down about someone's else's beliefs (like some of you do in this thread), nor will I say that someone else's belief is "wrong". You are entitled to that belief as I am mine.

Look up some of these words: tact, class, respect

Thanks Pete, and with that this thread gets locked.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard