#1377131 01/23/06 09:31 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Davo:
Originally posted by ODC:
Fossil's are pretty clear cut in what they are. To argue otherwise is to say that the world is flat.

How do you know? Did you see the animals that fossils represent? Did you talk to them? Did you have a beer at the game with them? I'm simply using all arguments you use against faith against science. Do I believe fossils represent dead animals? Yes. Are there some who think God put fossils there to confuse us? Yes. I'm trying to get you to see that 'pretty clear cut in what they are' is different for a lot of people.

I'm not arguing.

I'm stating fact.

Having faith is harder than understanding evolution.

Okay, so you'll agree that the use of Occam's Razor earlier in this thread is invalid?

Your argument of "seeing the change" is a fallacy. Carbon fossilizes after a long period of time. After fossilization, it turns into oil. It's basic science like basic math, prove to me that 1 * 0 = 0 ? I want to see the stick or unit that you're going to multiply dissapear into thin air. That's the argument you're propagating.

And no, it actually validates my point with Occam's Razor. In terms of simplicity, Evolution > Religion, hence, evolution is the better option.

#1377132 01/23/06 09:39 PM
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Please keep this thread on the up and up. Warnings to be sent...

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
#1377133 01/23/06 09:39 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:

I am mistaken, sorry. I did more reading and turns out I was wrong. Anyways, why are you dodging what I asked? If you guys are such proponents of this 'god created everything' crap why don't you give me example(s) you said you had? It's like you just wanted to point out I was wrong and laugh. I admit I was wrong, now where is your proof that god or jesus or whatever exists? Please, I want hard empirical evidence that you said you had.

By the way, I am writing my own 'bible' called "The Bible - Slackmaster Edition." Its going to be written my way, including a few facts from history to make it look legit. I wonder if I can get people to believe it, rofl.

Bottom line, stop with the "i'm better then you" junk and let me know what proof you have. The people on the evolution side have presented a bunch of different things that show evolution is works.

The thing I don't understand is how people can say that we are so complex that we had to have been created by a higher power. How can you believe that? I mean seriously, its painfully obvious that the things that were not as complex and were not working DIED. The things that did not pan out in our environment on this plant died, and are gone. Let me know when I am wrong here, since you guys know so much more then me

Well honestly you are allowed to believe whatever you want. I however, choose to believe that God created life. Why? Because it says He did in the Bible.

I use my faith to believe in God, not in science. After all, if I needed solid proof like God actually standing in front of me (which is what it woud take for a majority of people in this thread) to believe God actually exists, then it would not be faith at all. It would be a proven and undeniable fact.

But i find it ironic that the same people who that is what it would take to believe in God, choose to believe wholeheartedly that the theory of evolution is fact, when it is not.

I'd rather have faith in God over science, then vice versa.

- Tim
#1377134 01/23/06 09:42 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Your argument of "seeing the change" is a fallacy. Carbon fossilizes after a long period of time. After fossilization, it turns into oil. It's basic science like basic math, prove to me that 1 * 0 = 0 ? I want to see the stick or unit that you're going to multiply dissapear into thin air. That's the argument you're propagating.

And no, it actually validates my point with Occam's Razor. In terms of simplicity, Evolution > Religion, hence, evolution is the better option.

You lost me when you called Nebraska a southern state.

- Tim
#1377135 01/23/06 09:43 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Corbett:
Well honestly you are allowed to believe whatever you want. I however, choose to believe that God created life. Why? Because it says He did in the Bible.

I use my faith to believe in God, not in science. After all, if I needed solid proof like God actually standing in front of me (which is what it woud take for a majority of people in this thread) to believe God actually exists, then it would not be faith at all. It would be a proven and undeniable fact.

But i find it ironic that the same people who that is what it would take to believe in God, choose to believe wholeheartedly that the theory of evolution is fact, when it is not.

I'd rather have faith in God over science, then vice versa.

Why are you so threatened by "science" ?

You have no faith in science, yet you benefit from it; from what I gather you should be living in a log cabin in Montana with no running water or toilet and no man made products save a cross and rosary much less use computers and the internet.

#1377136 01/23/06 09:44 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O

... because I always talk abou Davo and the south isn't religiously zealous.

Great way to ad hominem by the way.

#1377137 01/23/06 09:50 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Why are you so threatened by "science" ?

You have no faith in science, yet you benefit from it; from what I gather you should be living in a log cabin in Montana with no running water or toilet and no man made products save a cross and rosary much less use computers and the internet.

I am not threatened by science. If you want to believe we evolved from monkeys, thats your problem. I however, believe in what the Bible says and it says that God created man. Therefore, I choose to believe we did not evolve from monkeys. It's pretty simple. The difference is, I dont call you some kind of zealout crazy person for believing in something that is not fact either.

- Tim
#1377138 01/23/06 09:54 PM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N

Maybe he is saying southern to refer to hicks. just my theory.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
#1377139 01/23/06 09:55 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
I am not threatened by science. If you want to believe we evolved from monkeys, thats your problem. I however, believe in what the Bible says and it says that God created man. Therefore, I choose to believe we did not evolve from monkeys. It's pretty simple. The difference is, I dont call you some kind of zealout crazy person for believing in something that is not fact either.

You are very threatened by the idea of evolution.

I also don't think you "choose" creationism over evolution, moreso I'd say its "indoctrination".

#1377140 01/23/06 10:08 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Please keep this thread on the up and up. Warnings to be sent...

1. What does 'keep this thread on the up and up' mean?, and
2. Why would anyone need to be warned?

Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard