Print Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
#1377121 01/23/06 01:59 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Evolution-

A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. See

The process of developing.

Gradual development.

Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.

Ok, if there is no form of evolution, then we're all black, right, since human life originated in Africa.

Oh, wait, that's right! I'm white! Look at the characteristics of people from different areas. They have adapted (evolved, if you will) to thrive in that area. Except in the cases where people were run off their own land. How you cannot see this as proof of evolution, I have no idea.

And, your evidence of Jesus? Lemme see that picture of you hanging out with him at the bar. Or a sporting event! I'd LOVE to see Jesus out in the stands wearing a double-beer helmet. So, let me get this straight- you believe in God, Jesus, Holy Spirit... but you firmly disbelieve in Al-Lah as being... well, anything really, right? But what about Muhammed, for example, who had experienced *his* word? Does that make it any less valid? Oh, that's right, it does.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#1377122 01/23/06 02:00 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by JaTo:
Originally posted by bishop375:

...I highly recommend A History of God for any of you who have ever questioned faith, and have wondered where it all began...

Ah, another fan of Karen Armstrong, I see. Pick up the rest of her works if you haven't already; she's yet to write a book that I dislike.

I'll have to look into the rest of her works. I've LOVED A History of God. My wife picked it up out of her last law firm's "discard" pile.

#1377123 01/23/06 02:26 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
And while we're at it, I ask a simple question-

Why is it that when an athlete wins, he thanks God, but doesn't blame him when he loses?

Respect & reverence. Perhaps God has another purpose for this person. Anyway, seems to me being humbled by not winning all the time builds character & makes for a better person. Success obtained easily breeds arrogance.

"A wise man walks with his head bowed. Humble like the dust."

I was taught that sometimes God will test our faith, our strength, & our humanity - even through the suffering of the innocent. That is where we can best make a differnce in this world, and perhaps beyond.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1377124 01/23/06 04:58 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
And while we're at it, I ask a simple question-Why is it that when an athlete wins, he thanks God, but doesn't blame him when he loses?

I've often wondered about the tsunami victims - if they blamed Allah or Budda or whomever the majority of the people there worship or it's just a "western" thing to blame our God when things go bad. Of course, those tsunami victims may have blamed the western God for all I know, which at least means they are acknowledging His existance.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
#1377125 01/23/06 05:37 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:
Originally posted by Woodencross:

Empirically speaking, I can give you so much proof of Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him, not to mention millions of others "empirical" proof of His existence.

I'd love to hear this.

I'd love to hear how gravity is a theory.

- Tim
#1377126 01/23/06 08:47 PM
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Davo:
What is a fossil? It's a second-hand source.

Oh ... wow.

That's the biggest gunk of misinformation I've heard since somebody said Infinti doesn't make convertibles.

Fossil's are pretty clear cut in what they are. To argue otherwise is to say that the world is flat.

Quote:

Are you trying to argue that the theory of evolution is simpler than believing in God ?

I'm not arguing.

I'm stating fact.

Having faith is harder than understanding evolution.

#1377127 01/23/06 08:52 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Yeah, I had a problem with that comment, too, but, I opted to not dive onto it.

I've touched fossils, seen them in place, been less than 3" of plexi away from them.

How is that second-hand information?

#1377128 01/23/06 08:56 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ODC:
Fossil's are pretty clear cut in what they are. To argue otherwise is to say that the world is flat.

How do you know? Did you see the animals that fossils represent? Did you talk to them? Did you have a beer at the game with them? I'm simply using all arguments you use against faith against science. Do I believe fossils represent dead animals? Yes. Are there some who think God put fossils there to confuse us? Yes. I'm trying to get you to see that 'pretty clear cut in what they are' is different for a lot of people.

Originally posted by ODC:
I'm not arguing.

I'm stating fact.

Having faith is harder than understanding evolution.

Okay, so you'll agree that the use of Occam's Razor earlier in this thread is invalid?

#1377129 01/23/06 09:12 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:

Empirically speaking, I can give you so much proof of Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him, not to mention millions of others "empirical" proof of His existence.

I'd love to hear this.

I'd love to hear how gravity is a theory.

I am mistaken, sorry. I did more reading and turns out I was wrong. Anyways, why are you dodging what I asked? If you guys are such proponents of this 'god created everything' crap why don't you give me example(s) you said you had? It's like you just wanted to point out I was wrong and laugh. I admit I was wrong, now where is your proof that god or jesus or whatever exists? Please, I want hard empirical evidence that you said you had.

By the way, I am writing my own 'bible' called "The Bible - Slackmaster Edition." Its going to be written my way, including a few facts from history to make it look legit. I wonder if I can get people to believe it, rofl.

Bottom line, stop with the "i'm better then you" junk and let me know what proof you have. The people on the evolution side have presented a bunch of different things that show evolution is works.

The thing I don't understand is how people can say that we are so complex that we had to have been created by a higher power. How can you believe that? I mean seriously, its painfully obvious that the things that were not as complex and were not working DIED. The things that did not pan out in our environment on this plant died, and are gone. Let me know when I am wrong here, since you guys know so much more then me

#1377130 01/23/06 09:21 PM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N

Evolution is a farce.

Here is a defenition for you:

FALLACY:
The term fallacy denotes any mistaken statement used in an argument. In logic, it specifically means an argument that violates the rules of formal demonstration.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard