Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Wife's atx just went out today and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Part it out, sell it w/o atx, or buy a rebuilt one and sink even more money into the pit.

It has grey leather...

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
color? side skirts?

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
hey i'll take the window and door switches and the plastic bezel. let me know how much. i take the seats too, depending how much they are

1998 Ford Contour Se 2.5 litre Silver frost
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
The car is white with grey interior.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just drop a used trans in it. Can't be that much.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
That's what I wanted to do in the first place. A rebuilt one is only $700 on ebay, but my wife knew someone that owns a tran. shop in Seattle that quoted us "around $700" to fix it. I figured why go through the hassle so we had them rebuild it trying to fix the torque converter problem that the cd4e has. The cost when we went to pick it up: $1350. I was already mad at that point, but the cel didn't go away. They told me it must be electrical and to replace the pcm. Another reputable shop said the same thing so I did and wham! A week later the transaxle totaly locks up on us. We had it towed and it is now sitting in our driveway until I can install a replacement.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds like a shop owes you an explanation...and a transmission! You might also want to speak to a lawyer. You might be going to battle. How long has it been? Did they give you any written warranty? Do they advertise a warranty?

If you play your cards right you can get a Level 10 trans as a replacement!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
They offer a 1 year 12000 mile warranty which they had no problem honering the first couple times. I first brought it in in march. Had to take it back again in april, and once again in may. In may they just did a "full rebuild" hoping to fix it. After the cel came back on they said it was an electrical problem. I'm sure I could get them to tow it to their shop and try again if I applied some pressure, but I have no faith in their abilities to fix it.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You DEFINITELY need to speak with a lawyer. Sounds to me that you have a good case. That shop should pay for someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. Quite honestly I wouldn't bother even calling the shop now that you've lost confidence in their work. It will cost you some money, but certainly less than a new trans!

I have a recommendation for a trans rebuilder...he's in Tuwkila...

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard