Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No. Spark energy is what I'd be concerned with. Shape of the spark would be a bonus though. Just think, splitfires sold millions based on the shape of the spark but manufacturers still went back to standard single electrode.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
ya but part of Splitfire was that you got a bigger spark (or a v) due to the split...that isn't the way electricity travels...it takes the path of least resistance... (same with plat 2 and 4's)

Anyway...I imagine there is a longevity benefit as well...in fact that is what I always heard was the benefit of copper v. plat...hence the auto companies 'upping' the tune up mileage...most guys I know running FI use copper...ADC recommended and Audi tech that races his S4 runs copper in his car...all the LS1 guys are running copper...and they cae with plat from the factory.

I just figured if you change them as much as I do...why run anything but copper?

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard