Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I had a local CEG member drive down and we installed the first GMK CAI full system onto his 2.0 Contour ATX.

Here is the photo of the system as installed on his tour. This same system would work just the same on a Cougar.

INSTALLED

SIDE

I will be offering this full GMK 2.0L Cold Air Intake System for $230. Couplers will be available in either Red, Blue or Black.

My production GMK CAI 2.0 system will not have the hard 90 degree pipe off the throttle body. I will be using a 90 degree coupler instead. Should be much more reliable and will prevent your intake piping from hitting the hood.

Cougar V6 MTX: GMK Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake : SVT UIM : SVT LIM : SVT TB : MSDS Headers & Ypipe : TruBendz 2.5" Borla Single Exhaust : Soild Front Motor Mount : & more
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I had that EXACT same setup on my zetec and it was nice. Go get it guys!

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
But how does it sound?

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
How bad was the battery relocation? I'm thinking ya I want that, but would go with putting the battery in the trunk.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
But how does it sound?

Great.

Originally posted by jd28:
How bad was the battery relocation? I'm thinking ya I want that, but would go with putting the battery in the trunk.

The battery was just turned sideways. As for moving the battery to the trunk its just a matter of running the wires back there and making sure your sealed box isnt going to go any where.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
That's the best intake I've seen for a Zetec.
Is it a CTA with a GMK extension? This guy has the same setup on his Cougar. http://www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=JAMallott

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
That's the best intake I've seen for a Zetec.
Is it a CTA with a GMK extension? This guy has the same setup on his Cougar. http://www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=JAMallott

Yes its a CTA with the GMK extension. But now GMK is making a better set up and such so all GMK now.

G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Yeah I did a Carbon Fiber GMK CAI extension on Jamalott's cougar.

Overall the install is very similar to the V6 install. However the battery (if oem) just needs to be rotated. Otherwise this install is actually easier than on the v6.

Cougar V6 MTX: GMK Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake : SVT UIM : SVT LIM : SVT TB : MSDS Headers & Ypipe : TruBendz 2.5" Borla Single Exhaust : Soild Front Motor Mount : & more
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Looks very nice indeed, but not my 1st priority now

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
Yeah I did a Carbon Fiber GMK CAI extension on Jamalott's cougar.

Overall the install is very similar to the V6 install. However the battery (if oem) just needs to be rotated.

I had an OEM battery when I installed mine and it didn't need to be rotated. The battery and fuse box just need to be slightly moved over.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard