I have searched and wanted to know how others have dealt with this issue. My Passenger side door lock won't open with the key. I have taken the door apart and have found the problem. There is a clothes hanger thick sized wire that connects to a tab of steel with a small hole in it. I can pop the wire back in the hole and operate the key. As soon as I let go of the wire the action of the key pops it back out of the tab.

How might I go about fixing this?

I've thought about tape but it would not last long. Once the wire was in I thought bending it up might hold but getting pliers into the space would be almost impossible. The other idea I had was to use a small (friction nut)?. I don't know how else to describe it. It has a plactic cap with a metal washer with cuts radiating out of the center in it and it presses on the end of the wire. The wire would bend out the flanges in the center and grab when trying to pull it off. On my sons "putt putt" there is a similar nut that holds the wheels onto the axels, just bigger.

What do you say?

'95 Mystique 2.5L Man with MSDS y-Pipe, AEM SRS intake and an excellent tune-up from LOW BUDGET RACING