Next Thread
Print Thread
#1368656 08/24/05 12:56 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I got this car like 3 weeks ago, ever since i got it, it vibrates like crazy when your on the brakes, i mean, if you slow down a little on the high way its fine, but if you go to get off an exit, it shakes you pretty bad, somebody slammed on there brakes in front of me the other day and i put the brake pedal to the floor, it just shook like crazy, not abs, it didnt slide, and it didnt exactly stop in a safe distance, since then i have been smelling the brakes...the rotors are like new, they arent warped and they are smooth, the pads are still very thick, and i didnt bother to pound the back brakes off because i didnt think they would cause that big of a problem, what could this be....

99 Contour LX MTX, Cone Air Filter, Custom Grille 95 Neon ATX Intake, Ractive Muffler, Green Painted valve cover, fuel rail, and intake, b/w painted interior, white exterior trim, shaded tail lights
#1368657 08/24/05 01:32 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Strictlyfocused7:
I got this car like 3 weeks ago, ever since i got it, it vibrates like crazy when your on the brakes, i mean, if you slow down a little on the high way its fine, but if you go to get off an exit, it shakes you pretty bad, somebody slammed on there brakes in front of me the other day and i put the brake pedal to the floor, it just shook like crazy, not abs, it didnt slide, and it didnt exactly stop in a safe distance, since then i have been smelling the brakes...the rotors are like new, they arent warped and they are smooth, the pads are still very thick, and i didnt bother to pound the back brakes off because i didnt think they would cause that big of a problem, what could this be....

Rotors are not true. Might need to get them turned. If it was done correctly previously, maybe incorrectly tightening/torquing the lug nuts cause the rotors to warp. And it is very hard to catch warped rotors with the naked eye.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard