Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i want to get Weapon R headers for my car but i have the 2 bolt setup and WR needs 3. apparently, cars made after Nov 99 have the 3 bolt set up. If you have the 3 bolt set up and are thinking of going with MSDS or no headers at all, please trade catalytic converters with me. MSDS sells for both the 2 bolt and 3 bolt setup but not WR. I am willing to pay in addition to trading parts. I can also do the swap, just drive over (if you live nearby). right now my car is on jack stands with the cat ready to be pulled out. im not sure if the non-svt V6 cats are the same or will work. anyone know?

sorry if this should not be listed in this forum. i listed it in the classifieds wanted section but was afraid no one would see it.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I might be of use here. I won the headers from the great Jim. I think they are for an earlier model than I have (I have '00 CSVT). Below are pictures let me know what can be done. ( would not trade WR for my MSDS). Jim supplied me with instructions related to the simulators that I need to add here and there but I think my flange is a three bolter.

'00 CSVT Koni/B&G (New), SCA intake, 18 inch Falken Circuit Spec (gunmetal), CF hood, Headlights by Dan, Mirko, deleted front license plate/painted chrome ring. Headers/y pipe installed - TruBendz Borla system no Res and optimized TB. Getting there!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Yup, that's a 3-bolt alright... Any exhaust shop should be able to cut off the flange and weld up a two bolt no problem.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
And I have a two bolt flange if I am not mistaken am I?

I have an '00

'00 CSVT Koni/B&G (New), SCA intake, 18 inch Falken Circuit Spec (gunmetal), CF hood, Headlights by Dan, Mirko, deleted front license plate/painted chrome ring. Headers/y pipe installed - TruBendz Borla system no Res and optimized TB. Getting there!
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
hey aspire, if you can come by this weekend, we can swap out our cat/flanges. should only take a few minutes. you can also talk to my guy about putting your headers on for you. (if you need someone)

Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Oh yeah, how much do you think for the install? How will we "Swap" the flanges.

S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
well, the flange is attached to the cat pipe/piece. we swap that piece. while we're doing that, we can put your msds in y pipe, otherwise you wont be able to drive home. the y pipe is supposedly an easy install. i can ask him if he can do it saturday morning and for how much. believe me, it will be cheaper than anyone else doing it. he is the guy doing my 3L. worst case scenario, if he doesnt have the time to do it, which im sure he would, you would at least have the msds y pipe and 3 bolt flange in. then you would just need to get the headers installed. (if he cant do them on saturday). im pretty sure the msds y pipe will bolt right up to the stock "headers". the 3 bolt part takes place between the y pipe and the cat. yours is a triangle while mine is a diamond-like shape.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I am going to be at Formula D in Irwindale on Saturday, so that will not work. If he can do the whole thing on Sunday I am game.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You guys may want to check the condition of the fasteners on both cars before you do this and have some PB Blaster on hand.
Remove the O2 sensor when the pipe is off the car and use anti-seize on all the fasteners.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
he'll be out of town on sunday but perhaps next weekend. this would be great for both of us so we wont have to have our stuff modified.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard