Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
weegee Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally posted by zeteckit19's:
what other type of supercharger can fit on our cars?

Almost any charger will fit on any car, at the end of the day, the only constaits are space.

If you put in some time and effort - and a little creative thinking, anything is possible

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
better show us some video when you get this done

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
Originally posted by weegee:
Thats a tidy car you have there m8

What boost are you running at? Have you changed your pulley size, or did you just use the one suppluied in the kit?

And on a seperate note: What do you reacon the chances are of connecting the electro-magnetic clutch off an air-con unit to the supercharger - allonging me to turn the supercharger on/off at will (for those moments when you dont want to let the idiot in the lane next to you know that your boosted) - a possibility? And is there any technical reason why a dump valve woulnt work on a s/c car.

Cheers

G

Thanks!

Stock is 3.0" pulley = 3-4 psi
My 2.6" pulley = 7-8 psi
2.3" pulley (sitting in my back seat) 10-11 psi

Why? Under no load/low load there really isn't any boost. The dump valve really isn't necessary due to the fact most superchargers have a bypass valve bolted on them already....in between the supercharger and intake manfold.

In terms of boost, how much is 3-4 psi?? In terms of gains...

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by weegee:
Thats a tidy car you have there m8

What boost are you running at? Have you changed your pulley size, or did you just use the one suppluied in the kit?

And on a seperate note: What do you reacon the chances are of connecting the electro-magnetic clutch off an air-con unit to the supercharger - allonging me to turn the supercharger on/off at will (for those moments when you dont want to let the idiot in the lane next to you know that your boosted) - a possibility? And is there any technical reason why a dump valve woulnt work on a s/c car.

Cheers

G

Thanks!

Stock is 3.0" pulley = 3-4 psi
My 2.6" pulley = 7-8 psi
2.3" pulley (sitting in my back seat) 10-11 psi

Why? Under no load/low load there really isn't any boost. The dump valve really isn't necessary due to the fact most superchargers have a bypass valve bolted on them already....in between the supercharger and intake manfold.

In reality I don't know. Never dynoed. At 7 psi I gained 40 hp at the wheels.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

In a perfect word, you would have 27% more power. Your crank HP would go from 130 to 165. If you have a crappy intercooler, or don't have it tuned properly, that value drops.

((Boost+14.7)/14.7)-1=%HP Gain

4psi=27% Gain
7psi=48% Gain
10psi=68% Gain
14psi=95% Gain

Just think about it. Atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi. If you double the pressure, you double the power.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
That makes perfect sense... thank you my friend

-Billy

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ahhh, actual math, you are evil....
Only hypotheticals and ricer guesstimates are allowed here....
You must be banished!

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
You must be banished!

Yeah and here I am posting real world results!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
You must be banished!

Hector ... before the supercharger, what was your best mod that you felt best gains or difference in performance??

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You must be banished!

What has come of our Zetec world,
its like we are becomeing SVT owners,
tlaking about real mods.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard