Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Like Hector said, the JRSC for the Focus does have a bypass valve in beteween the intake and the supercharger's output.

If you are designing one yourself, see if you can do something like the Powerworks Focus kit and integrate a intercooler into the intake manifold. Like this...

The JRSC is mounted upside down so that it blows up into a liquid to air intercooler. Very nice design. You can also see the bypass valve in that picture.

Heat is a big problem with the M45. It is soo small that when you start increasing the boost it REALLY heats up the air.

BTW, Hector that pics rocks.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

Heat is a big problem with the M45. It is soo small that when you start increasing the boost it REALLY heats up the air.

BTW, Hector that pics rocks.

HTH,
BP

Thanks.

If he intergrates an intercooler...having the heat from the boost of the M45 won't matter. Also remember he plans on running spray. N20 will cool down the intake charge also.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
Also remember he plans on running spray. N20 will cool down the intake charge also.

Ooops, I missed that one.

A blown, intercooled, sprayed 'tour?!? Suh-friggin-weet.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I was just looking through eBay and it seems that a Mercedes M62 supercharger has an electric clutch. Can you swap the nose drive between a M45 and a M62?

Check it out.

Just a thought. For the true "Mad Max" style supercharger. Flip a switch and hang on.

BP

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I was just looking through eBay and it seems that a Mercedes M62 supercharger has an electric clutch. Can you swap the nose drive between a M45 and a M62?

Check it out.

Just a thought. For the true "Mad Max" style supercharger. Flip a switch and hang on.

BP

Why would you turn it off?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:

Check it out.

BP

Why would you turn it off?

Because I heard it gets really loud..

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Talk about the ultimate sleeper!!! Throw a big M62 on there that's sprayed and intercooled. Pull up to a light with the SC "off", floor it and make someone think you are NA. At the next light, hit the GO switch and give them one helluva surprize.

To be really evil you could pit in a 3k rpm activated switch. The guy would think he's got you until a second after flooring it. The boost and NOS kick in and BAM...taillights baby!!!

BP

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Talk about the ultimate sleeper!!! Throw a big M62 on there that's sprayed and intercooled. Pull up to a light with the SC "off", floor it and make someone think you are NA. At the next light, hit the GO switch and give them one helluva surprize.

To be really evil you could pit in a 3k rpm activated switch. The guy would think he's got you until a second after flooring it. The boost and NOS kick in and BAM...taillights baby!!!

BP

Why not the first light? For me the joy of having a supercharger is having it all the time. If you want power sometimes you might as well just have nitrous and save yourself the hassle of the supercharger install.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
what other type of supercharger can fit on our cars?

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
W
weegee Offline OP
OP Offline
W

BP

I like the way you think

But the reason i want to be able to turn the s/c off is

1) as mentioned above - i want to be able to turn it off to keep it quiet - and i dont open my bonnet at shows - so the only people who know what it has will be me - you guys and the guys on MEG

2) it dosnt come with a clutch as standard - so i want to know if i see if i can fit one (i like the challenge)

3) I just love the idea of pressing a button, and it winds up, giving off that sound which only a s/c car can make. So if im sat at the lights, and the guy next to me REVS hard (in that - i want a dabble with you kind of way), i can just push the button, and watch his face as the charger springs into life, and starts to purr. (still got the nitrous in reserve in case that dosnt worry them)

Anyway - i had the inlet gasket delivered today, so i can start measuring up for the new manifold. I have been looking into the air/water cooler, and it sounds good - and to be honest - i think now would be be the time to add the cooler, rather than try and add one later.

I'll post up some piccies one i get the first bits designed.

One question though - where would you use the nitrous on one of these, pre or post supercharger? and why?

Thanks for all your responses

G

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard