Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
there are 2 i know of that came from the factory with traction controle....one is CAWONG...the other i'm not sure.

so he claimes to be running a non-duratech 3.0, and a trans other than the mtx-75

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
So he's running a 3.0L from a Taurus but not a Duratec. I guess he would have us believe that he shoehorned the 3.0L SHO engine into his engine bay and turbo'ed it. I guess that's believable. If he's running all of that, stretching the engine bay a few inches on all sides isn't going that far out there.

That would also make sense why his IC malfunctioned (not enough room to clamp down the hoses!) I think there was a turbo first gen SHO owner on clubgp that called him out, too. Would like to see that race.. .

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
The guys full of [censored]. Mummy dropped him on his head when he was a baby...he's obviously never recovered, plain and simple!
The funny thing is that from a roll is where I'd give a turbo SVT or even a Vortech'd SVT the nod. Off the line the traction is hard to get but from a roll the car can be devastating. I could chase down a supercharged M3, a 395 wHP lightning, a mid 90's corvette; but off a line I could only hang with the M3.
No offense to the Supercharged GTP guys but your motors rely on low end torque whereas the SVT duratec relys on high revs. This shows up in third gear more than anywhere else.
Whatever, this guy makes us look bad but we're not all like that. The SVT is a good car. The GTP is a good car. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and thank god neither is a WRX or a Civic!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
GTP's can have a mean rollpunch if they can catch their first gear in the peak torque rpm range. My car, lightly modified, probably makes about 270 torque at the wheels right about 3000rpm, which is around where a downshift to first will stick our cars at 40mph with our tall gearing (assuming aftermarket PCM). With syP's mods he's got significantly more torque than that at around that range, so that's a good reason why GTP's can be mean from a dig and a roll. All that torque makes horsepower.

All the same you guys have really nice power above the curve and must have some crazy topend! Every SVT graph I've seen just keeps building more and more power until it crashes into the limiter. That's technology for you. Good old GM just likes to make a lopey cam and give us all of that power midrange right where the average American plants his foot

I've never seen a turbo CSVT run on the highway and would like to. That's where all those damn valves and cams you guys have shoeboxed into that engine really steals the show.

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah. I really hated those GTPs back when I was in Tucson before I turbo'd my car. Them fuggers would trawl around town looking for victims and just when you think "hey, that car looks big and that fat dude in the drivers seat can't be helping any", he unleashes an ass whooping from hell.
Sadly no N/A 3L SVT could hang with a GTP from a roll below 50mph either. On the other hand around 50+mph a 3L would have fun with a stock GTP and probably pull it on the highway above 100mph.
Perfect example, my first run-in with a GTP was a guy with 3 dudes in the car (4 total) and he was eggin me on. I launched in my car and I thought I was going to smoke him. I barely took him at around 90+mph. Below that he was outrunning me, and that was a completely stock GTP.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i really dont like GTPs at all. they dont look very fun to drive even if they are fast.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
It depends on your definition of fun. I've driven a CSVT before, and what made it fun to drive was the stance of the car, the feel of the steering wheel, the smooth-as-silk shifting, its linear power, and uncanny cornering ability. It was a car made for the driver, even though it was a Sedan. It had a lot of feedback, but in no way was it an F1 car.

But hell I'm from Texas. There's not a lot of European in me. I grew up watching stock car racing and driving around in, as war' put it, "Conestoga's" I like my cars like I like my women (big, black, and loud). OK, maybe that wasn't a good analogy I said I was from Texas!

BTW, Warmonger, whatever happened to you bringing that CSVT of yours down to Ennis. You still living out there in BFE ?

Tim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard