Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=2452848&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

He's trolling around the clubgp racing forums saying he's got some kind of nicely modded C-SVT. Anyone know what he's really running ? He claims he runs 12's and doesn't suffer from the same traction problems that every other turboed Duratec does.

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
sounds to me like the svt guy didn't have a turbo at all ...because i would bet that many of the turbo'd cars on here would own,or at least hang with that gtp from a roll

the guy did make some ricer excuses,that's why i suspect he may not have had a turbo,but who knows...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
The guy's first mistake was talking [censored]....like most people.
Only a few people can really talk [censored] and back it up, and there is almost always someone better or some circumstance that will make you look like an azz.

Second mistake was trolling and then making the rest of us look like dumb azzed ricers to a bunch of connestoga Pontiacs...errr Plastiacs.
WoW
There are some serious SVT's with nitrous that would destroy any car that his low boosted turbo could hang with, not to mention some of the big turbo'd cars. I wouldn't have expected that the SVT hang with him at all unless he was producing some boost.
Any real drivers with real cars live anywhere close to these guys so we can get some honor back?
You know I say if you're going to loose then loose well....

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Those GTP's are pretty quick. Not a car to under-estimate. My boosted CSVT got walked by one a while back, but now I think I'd be able to take one, or at least hang really well.

Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
With a mouth like his, I'm thinking he probably bought someone else's modded SVT (maybe a 3.0L conversion?), is running a lot of nitrous and claiming boost, or paid someone to throw on a Vortech. That GTP he raced, tuned with his latest mods, would probably put down about 270 fwhp, 360 fwtq by my crappy estimates.

I'm no contour expert, but his facts don't seem right. He's got to be running *something*, though, to hang with a cammed GTP that can run 12's, from a holeshot. I have a lot of respect for the nicely modded cars that are on here (like Warmonger's, Suneil's, Demon's N/A 3.0L, beyondloaded, wavrdr) and it's very dissapointing to see someone go onto another board (especially one as big as clubgp) like that and turn the turbo SVT into rice-o-roni.

Here's a thread I dug up where he was talking a little about what he's running:

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=29&p=1&mpage=10&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language=

Originally posted by Tim:

And to top it off, to this day I don't think any of the 350+fwhp big boys have even hit the 12s mark yet. Maybe one of these days ADC will stop making Turbos and start making AWD kits .

Funny that this thread was revived ,
Tim

Originally posted by ChubbyBroccoliSVT:

For one, I make more power than ANY turbo Tour to date (lot more than 350whp) Second, 12's were met a LONG time ago.

Sorry for the rag on ADC, but it's true

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
He mentions traction control... I didn't think any CSVT's had the traction control option.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I wish he would stop giving SVT owners a bad name. I hope someone puts him in his place again.

Originally posted by Big_B:
He mentions traction control... I didn't think any CSVT's had the traction control option.

There is I think 2 have got away with from the factory to date that have been proven. But you can always install an aftermarket one.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by LoganB:

There is I think 2 have got away with from the factory to date that have been proven. But you can always install an aftermarket one.

I think I remember reading something about this a while back. Someone (I think it was Demon) tried to do something with traction control on an SVT and it wouldn't work.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LoganB:

I think I remember reading something about this a while back. Someone (I think it was Demon) tried to do something with traction control on an SVT and it wouldn't work.

really hmm I always thought you could install an aftermarket one. Oh well I will let Demon or someone else chime in with some answers.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

It was a picture that somebody sent to me awhile ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard