Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by zeteckit19's:
Thank you for the insight. It's been 1 month so far, so I guess I'll wait one more ... BTW it is a single stage intergrated clear finish. Is there any difference with that in waxing?

Are you the one that posted about repainting the car at Earl Scheib? If so, how did it turn out?

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Actually the earl scheib was horrible so i checked out maaco instead. Their shop was run alot better so that's where I went. It turned out pretty good, painted it alpine silver(a lexus shade). Im pleased with it. I just need to figure out how to post pics on here and I will show my car.

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I was always told Three months. But it will also depend on the climate where you are. If the car sits in the sun a lot then three months should be fine. However, if it is in the garage most of the time I would wait even longer. Just my 2 cents.

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Thank you for the feedback

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
This is a reply by Draven who operates a paint and body shop. PM him if you care to have him explain. Cut all the BS and get a reply from someone who KNOWS the correct answers.

When someone said they were told to wait 30 to 90 days Draven responded thus:
Maybe they are just trying to cover their butts too.. but according to any paint manufacturer and any paint school I attend..and we have to go every year to keep qualifications., you may wax at time of painting. wetsand..buff ..then wax. It will not hurt anything.

Col. Bill Evans CAF (ret) 98 Contour GL Zetec ATX (totally stock) Color-Willow Mist 104,XXX Miles
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Blevans:
This is a reply by Draven who operates a paint and body shop. PM him if you care to have him explain. Cut all the BS and get a reply from someone who KNOWS the correct answers.

When someone said they were told to wait 30 to 90 days Draven responded thus:
Maybe they are just trying to cover their butts too.. but according to any paint manufacturer and any paint school I attend..and we have to go every year to keep qualifications., you may wax at time of painting. wetsand..buff ..then wax. It will not hurt anything.

my brother has been painting cars for years(though not professionally)and says the exact same thing as draven...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard