Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
You guys were right, there was coolant and oil everywhere underneth the hood when it happened. The car is sitting in my garage at home right now and I should have more than enough funds come the end of next week to get whatever work done that needs to be.

I would like to do the 2.5L replacement if someone can find an engine with low miles and a mechanic to install it for a resonable price.

My other option is to get the zetec fixed and try to upgrade it as much as posible while its being fixed. But waiting on parts to be shipped may take a while.

"I'll try to get pics next time I fly to the ship"

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Like paul had posted before it would be WAY too much$$$ to do a v6 swap. Your best bet. would be to put high compresion pistons in to gain some hp, Or if you realy wanted to spend some money, turbo it.
Just look around the zetec board for recomendations for engine rebuild. Im sure you could find a low millage zetec for cheap.
I would find out what the max you could bore the stock block. I bet you could bore it out to 2.2-2.4 liters.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
A turbo or even a supercharger (ala Hector's car) is a much cheaper option to swapping in a full 2.5L and would have equal to, or greater results. IIRC, a turbo kit for the Zetec can be had for around $2500-3000 complete. How much are you looking to spend? Any less than that and you are looking at minor bolt-ons...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
$2500-3000 isn't that bad as long as I'm not pay the 5+that I saw on some web sites for a zetec turbo kit.

I still have to get the engine fixed. If someone in socal is willing to take a few hours of the day(like a weekend sat or sun) to bring a mech by the house for me to get an estimate for the job, than a turbo/supercharger would be something I would look into.

But for now I like the hp that a v6 puts out so either a swap or a new car is in my future when I get home.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Just shop around for an SVT, they are available all the time in the classifieds.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Marky:
Just shop around for an SVT, they are available all the time in the classifieds.

Seriously, this is an idea to think about. If you are dead set on a V6, it will be cheaper for you to replace your stock engine, sell your car and buy a used SVT.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
We'll see

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard