Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I'm not sure why this is a good deal? Total cost for a complete setup of headers and y-pipe is still 660.00 unless I added wrong (very possible since i spent, oh, .1 seconds). Is the deal in that we can buy the pieces seperately? I think you can still get stainless headers/y-pipe from weapon R for well under 400.00 shipped, can't you?

Yes, you can get the pieces separately is the big deal. Now you don't HAVE to spend $660 if you want MSDS headers.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Erik:
Yea, but the "Pollution-Zone" extends outward a ways, I'm not sure where the Zone ends and the more lax procedures begin. Another question to pose to BPM and/or you fellow CEG'ers

Thanks again from a total noob

All forsyth county does is plug in the ODBII port and read for codes, you will be fine, as long as you get the MILs

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'm not sure why this is a good deal? Total cost for a complete setup of headers and y-pipe is still 660.00 unless I added wrong (very possible since i spent, oh, .1 seconds). Is the deal in that we can buy the pieces seperately? I think you can still get stainless headers/y-pipe from weapon R for well under 400.00 shipped, can't you?

Yes, you can get the pieces separately is the big deal. Now you don't HAVE to spend $660 if you want MSDS headers.

I see. I wish I didn't live in the rust belt so I could pull this deal off. Oh wait, it will still cost me more than a set of stainless weapon Rs. Nevermind.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
E
E
Sweet! That's what I'll do if I can get the money+help installing :-)

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
haynes manual has header removal without pulling the block in it i believe

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

I see. I wish I didn't live in the rust belt so I could pull this deal off. Oh wait, it will still cost me more than a set of stainless weapon Rs. Nevermind.

It's quite evident that you aren't interested in the MSDS headers. It's also obvious that you haven't read anything in this thread. $200.00 for a raw set of headers. Some people can coat their own headers(Pole120) for cheap, make their own MIL eliminators, optimize their y-pipe, make true duals, etc etc.. You don't like it? Start your own Weapon R group buy or STFU.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
All of these people purchasing headers...

Lots of cursing and bloody knuckles...

I think I'm going to buy stock in Band-Aids.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
E
E
Note To self...
Purchase Haynes Manual at earliest opportunity.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
HOLY JESUS! with a side of ghost I hate when I don't look on the site for a few days!

okay I just want to check on a few things. I can put just the headers on my and use the stock Y, but does it matter if I have an ATX? cause these remove all the heat shields and everything and god knows the ATX burns warm already. Oh and when you call do you tell them which flange you have? 3 or 2 bolt?

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
HOLY JESUS! with a side of ghost I hate when I don't look on the site for a few days!

okay I just want to check on a few things. I can put just the headers on my and use the stock Y, but does it matter if I have an ATX? cause these remove all the heat shields and everything and god knows the ATX burns warm already. Oh and when you call do you tell them which flange you have? 3 or 2 bolt?

Doesn't matter about the flange, you'll never touch it if you're bolting on headers only. If you get the Y, you'll need to know what flange you have.

Should work fine on an ATX if you don't let your car sit at idle for hours on end. Airflow through the radiator will take care of much of the heat. Always a good idea to get a additional ATX cooler anyway, so go for that too if you have any concerns. There are also more ways to get under hood temps down.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard