Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i will be ordering the headers and coating weds and the rest in 2 weeks when ill have the money to may get true dual exhaust going on beeotches

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So is it generally agreed that the ceramic coating is for aesthetics more than anything? I did some searching, and it was noted that the ceramic coating and jet hot did little to retain the heat from the exhaust. So its basicly there for corrosion protection and looks, right?

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
....i ordered them "raw" as marty said....i figured i dont drive mine past the second week in october..maybe the third depending on the weather,and it doesnt see the light of day til' april.....sooooo,for that price i could get them chromed,and wrap them were needed...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
i dislike shiny bling, so i was hoping to have mine done in black. Guess I should have asked Marty what colors they coat in, but Jethot can do black. Last thing i need in my engine bay is something that screams "Hey you emissions checker, look at me! I'm an offroad only device!"

I want the coating for thermal reasons.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
Man, I just finish my engine install last week. Now, its going to be a pita to install these. Oh, well I can't complain a deal is a deal.

Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Chroming out your headers is like decking out the inside of your mailbox. Nobody sees it!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Chroming out your headers is like decking out the inside of your mailbox. Nobody sees it!

Mark

or like driving a neon, noone cares

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by morbid:
i dislike shiny bling, so i was hoping to have mine done in black. Guess I should have asked Marty what colors they coat in, but Jethot can do black. Last thing i need in my engine bay is something that screams "Hey you emissions checker, look at me! I'm an offroad only device!"

I've given this about 15 seconds of thought... Is there a way the heat shield from the Zetec cars could be adapted to cover the headers & make them look all factory & also help keep heat away from the radiator & other sensitive items under the hood?

Sup'm to think about...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by morbid:

I've given this about 15 seconds of thought... Is there a way the heat shield from the Zetec cars could be adapted to cover the headers & make them look all factory & also help keep heat away from the radiator & other sensitive items under the hood?

Sup'm to think about...

don't see why not, it isn't like it is some highly expensive hard to work with metal, at least to my knowledge

sounds like a good idea to me but is there space for something like that

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Correct. The 2 or 3 bolt flange is the end that meets the catalytic converter. So you'll either have a diamond shape flange with 2 bolts, one on each end, or a triangle flange with two bolts on the larger end, and one bolt at the other.
Mark

Obviously, don't know what I was thinking.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard