Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Alrighty... just got off the phone with Marty and with JetHot.

Jethot for just the headers is $215

MSDS Extreme coating is an extra $20 / part ($40 for both header and y-pipe).

So if only getting the header, the extreme coating would be $145. Marty did say these are about the same as Jethot.

He also said this is indefinite!

woot! I'm happy!

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Big_B:
Wow, that is unbelievably cheap! I bought my headers for like $250 or $300 used. Looks like it is time for a Y-Pipe.

My headers are not coated and I have had no problems at all (2 years now). As far as I know there is no record of anyone on here having any trouble with the MSDS that are not coated. Save your money.

Just to clarify, do you have much road salt used in KY in the winter? If not, that might be an issue. Otherwise, for guys like me in FL, great deal!

We get plenty of road salt. I hate driving in the stuff, especially in the SVT. Still have never had any problems with my headers, and I just inspected them last night.

I know there have been lots of debates on here about Jet Hot vs. others... but who on CEG has ever had any trouble with headers that were uncoated? I don't recall ever seeing anything about that (been visiting the site for several years).

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Wow... nice price on those... glad I sold my MSDS headers/ Y-pipe before this deal came out...... sucker..

I paid, shoot.. like 450.00 for mine (barely used) and sold them for a bit less. Can't believe they are so cheap.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wow, that is unbelievably cheap! I bought my headers for like $250 or $300 used. Looks like it is time for a Y-Pipe.

My headers are not coated and I have had no problems at all (2 years now). As far as I know there is no record of anyone on here having any trouble with the MSDS that are not coated. Save your money.

Just to clarify, do you have much road salt used in KY in the winter? If not, that might be an issue. Otherwise, for guys like me in FL, great deal!

We get plenty of road salt. I hate driving in the stuff, especially in the SVT. Still have never had any problems with my headers, and I just inspected them last night.

I know there have been lots of debates on here about Jet Hot vs. others... but who on CEG has ever had any trouble with headers that were uncoated? I don't recall ever seeing anything about that (been visiting the site for several years).

The deal with ceramic coatings is that they also reduce underhood temps.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by tour96se:
a little off of topic here..but will chrome hold up on headers?

i believe it will but chrome is very bad when it comes to heat. it traps the heat iirc. not something you want for your headers. less heat is good.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i thought i read that msds y pipe works better with the msds headers than the msds headers with the optimized y pipe.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by RogerB:

The deal with ceramic coatings is that they also reduce underhood temps.

Right, I think the biggest fear is that the headers will get so hot that they raise oil temperatures to unsafe levels. Clearly, not a good idea on a car that already has issues with oil.

Let me clarify before someone jumps all over me. I am not a heavy footed driver. I don't race and have never run my SVT at the track. Most of my driving is around town, generally short distances. Actually, my car doesn't even see 3500 RPMs on a daily basis. Therefore, the heat problem is not a huge concern for me.

There is clearly some logical benefit to coating your headers, however, I still can't remember anyone having any problems/damage from excessive oil temperatures. Nor can I remember ever hearing of anyone's headers needing to be replaced because they got too hot. If someone else can remember this happening, please correct me.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
ordered mine today they are IN STOCK marty says they have to be milled thats it..should have them saturday,or monday... ..btw i sold my WR'S in about 20 minutes

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
ordered mine today they are IN STOCK marty says they have to be milled thats it..should have them saturday,or monday... ..btw i sold my WR'S in about 20 minutes

Take down your ad smiley-boy!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

Take down your ad smiley-boy!

this deal makes me i should buy a extra set just to have

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard