Next Thread
Print Thread
#1361143 08/15/05 05:12 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D

Last edited by dubkatz; 08/15/05 05:12 AM.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
last time my friends and I went to infineon raceway (sears point) one of the guys that we talk to up there that owns a shop just gives us (yes free) his old tires (they throw them away anywayS)... all in about that condition. if anyone REALLY wanted any I could go check.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Sorry guys, but those are road course slicks- i.e. hard compound. I tried using my set at the strip last year. I would have gotten better traction with my street tires! Road course tires are made to heat up slowly, have very stiff sidewalls, and take a lot of long repetitive abuse, basically all the things that you don't want in a drag tire.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Sorry guys, but those are road course slicks- i.e. hard compound. I tried using my set at the strip last year. I would have gotten better traction with my street tires! Road course tires are made to heat up slowly, have very stiff sidewalls, and take a lot of long repetitive abuse, basically all the things that you don't want in a drag tire.

Rick

good point, it would have to a pretty bad azz burnout to heat them up

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard