Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Will ADC sell the PRP? It didn't sound like they wanted anything to do with it

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok. I ordered the Xcal2 and Pro Racer package from brenspeed this morning. The guy seemed very straightforward and willing to take the time I needed on the phone...smart considering the amount of money involved.
Should be here soon.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Awesome! You won't be disappointed Tom!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by warmonger:
Ok. I ordered the Xcal2 and Pro Racer package from brenspeed this morning. The guy seemed very straightforward and willing to take the time I needed on the phone...smart considering the amount of money involved.
Should be here soon.

Please give a write up on it when you get it all figured out tom

Fast Cheap reliable Pick two
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
New update.

I got my SCT Racer software working last night. Stupid key codes! the activation key is like 60 characters long.

Well the software looks pretty cool, but of course there is only one computer code in my database.
My question is this. Anyone else with a different code want to send me a copy of the the stock file for their car so I can see if I can load it up?
I don't know if the software will allow it to be burnt to the flasher but it would be nice to know if I can at least look at another stock code for comparison. If it can burn a different code to the flasher then maybe all we need to do is build our own database of stock codes...for reference purposes of course...so that we can help fellow people out with details of timing and fuel.

Also have my engine back in the car, crossover pipe designed for the the weaponR stainless headers is up and it fits pretty good. Working on the last part of the up-pipe and then the down pipe this weekend. Hope to fire the beeotch up this next weekend and then begin basic tuning. IF everything works then I'll begin to develop this post with information and tips.
Swazo, we really need to talk man.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I know some of the guys on the Modular Depot forum have been able to look at PCM codes other than the ones they're able to tune for, but they have to be in a specific format. I'll look into it tonight and will let you know for sure.

Also, where do you have to go through for software updates and what not? I have access to them and a variety of needed value files, so if you need them I can get them.

It would be nice to have more tuning knowledge on CEG, so I'm more than willing to help out in anyway I can. With an avid CEGer like yourself with the SCT PRP, I'm sure it's only a matter of time

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

I don't have any files yet. A certain party had a bin file that I tried but it won't work in the SCT software. They know who they are.

However. Can the XCAL2 download the stock code into it? I'd like to pull whatever stock code is in my PCM and compare it to what they sold me before I flash it into oblivion. (Safety net)
Swazo, can you send me your .scv file and any .val files you have?
I'm supposed to be able to go to superchips' website or use the phone number and get support whenever I need it. WE'll see. Don't you get the same thing?

If the pcm flashes ok then I'm selling my Diablo chip tuned by streetflight along with the last generation turbo pipes (headers, crossover/up-pipe, down-pipe), possibly 36# injectors since the chip is tuned for them.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I want to talk timing for now.

I need to design a base table for my engine. I wasn't able to get the timing curve out of my chip so I don't really know where I was at. I didn't add much timing to the base that Keyser set when he was working with Streetflight so it should be very similar to that. I think it was around 20 degrees max.

The rule of thumb is to pull 1 degree per pound of boost but that is on lower compression motors.

If I can just remember what my max timing values were when I was dyno tuning in 2003 then I would know where to begin....

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
20 degrees flat line timing and DO NOT FORGET to set the IMRC adder to 0.

If you forget it is going to hurt.

IMRCs

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok, I will set it there for the initial settings and then go from there.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard