Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I didn't wan't this to go unnoticed form another thread...

Originally posted by warmonger:
Now, how about a comprehensive review of the SCT Racer package? How much can you really change? What is your pcm code?

I have and SFG2 return style and I was ready to buy from Wayne at Hypillauto a while back but that sort of fell through. Now I'm looking at another company and I want to make sure I'll have no issues when the first code is programmed into it.

Personally, I am looking to buy the SCT PRP with the Raptor datalogger. I've heard from other CEGers that Modular Depot is not a good company to buy from.

If you have a SCT PRP could you post a review? What are some other sources other than Modular Depot with good support? Also, is the "base" tune on the SCT PRP a preformance tune, or is it the same as stock?

BTW, I have a return style system with the DJK4 PCM code.

Thanks,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
try wayne with Hypillauto (or something like that) he's the guy that has been doing a pretty good hook-up for the Xcal2, he quoted me $630 a couple months ago.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
I didn't wan't this to go unnoticed form another thread...

Now, how about a comprehensive review of the SCT Racer package? How much can you really change? What is your pcm code?

I have and SFG2 return style and I was ready to buy from Wayne at Hypillauto a while back but that sort of fell through. Now I'm looking at another company and I want to make sure I'll have no issues when the first code is programmed into it.

Personally, I am looking to buy the SCT PRP with the Raptor datalogger. I've heard from other CEGers that Modular Depot is not a good company to buy from.

If you have a SCT PRP could you post a review? What are some other sources other than Modular Depot with good support? Also, is the "base" tune on the SCT PRP a preformance tune, or is it the same as stock?

BTW, I have a return style system with the DJK4 PCM code.

Thanks,
BP

I'll get some screen shots of the Advantage software and can get any info needed when I grab my laptop out of my SVT. I have a return style fuel system and an RJL1 code. I haven't used any other tuning software, so I can't say how much better/worse it is compared to others. Though, from what I've read it is very good and many, many tuners in Mustang and other popular Ford platforms are switching over to it.

From what I can tell, you can change every aspect of your program. Also, with the 4 bank chip you can switch between the 4 programs on the fly. You get a base tune which is a safe tune and needs fine tuning. A flasher version is available for the same price, and it will flash your PCM through the OBDII port IIRC, but you're limited to one tune.

Modular Depot does bite monkey sack when it comes to their Customer Service, but their forum is full of good info. It also has all the value files (MAF transfer functions, injector value files, ect) , software updates, ect on there too. For zetec tuners, there are lots of Focus guys on there so it would be of even more use to you guys. Since I have a duratec V6, it was only good for the general database and other things I listed above.
* I am getting all of the value files I can get my mits on, and will have them if anyone DOESN'T go through MD for their PRP.*

When teamed with a wide band O2 (SCT uses the Innovate LM1 in all their examples, and they show how to use it with the Raptor real time datalogger which was a huge bonus for me since that's what I have ) , you really do not need a dyno to tune your car. A few SCT tuners said that they can get me tuned for my "uncommon setup" over the phone, while @ idle in my driveway with said gear. It's the same software as the SCT tuners use, it's just limited to the PCM code of your car rather than all of the PCM codes from Ford It is not VIN limited, so if you had another vehicle with the same PCM code (with a compatible SCT chip) you can tune for it aswell, I do know this for a fact

SCT also has a training manual for newb's like myself to tuning. It is very, very good and explains everything very well. Even though it was $75, it was worth every penny to me.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions about the SCT PRP or Raptor. If I don't know, I can find out..... so ask away.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Pope:
try wayne with Hypillauto (or something like that) he's the guy that has been doing a pretty good hook-up for the Xcal2, he quoted me $630 a couple months ago.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Similar to the chip version where you buy more chips, to tune more cars with the flasher version you have to pay for a new flasher each time. So I suppose depending on the cost of the flasher vs. chips you can choose from there. I'd rather have a flasher so you don't have to worry about chip connectivity issues.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
PRP + Xcal2 = $669.00 @ www.brenspeed.com 574-834-7455

I just looked into this for Tom(Warmonger), and Brent sells the Xcal2 for $369.00shipped to the lower 48 states, and $300.00 for the PRP. So $669.00 total, and he actually cares about customer service!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Don't worry, I'm seriously gonna call Brent to feel the situation out, but I'm gonna drop over $600 I need to get a good feeling. I get home from flight school late every day and right now I don't even have weekends free so it may be a week or so before I feel "Rested" enough to sit down during the afternoon and have enough time to call. Hell, I'm freekin exhausted right now!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
No problem Tom, just getting the word out to everyone on CEG wanting the PRP, or any SCT products for that matter. There've been two different times that Brent didn't answer the phone when I called, and both times he was in town testing new products on the dyno. He dyno tests everything he sells.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pope:

I didn't write that exactly right.... meant that he quoted me $630 for the pro-racer-kpackage Xcal2, not $630 for just the Xcal2.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah, Wayne quoted me the same price for the actual product. AT that time he quoted me $30 per hour to help set it up with a base tune as well. Then recently he offered to come down to my location and read the existing tune w/chip. However, he has now raised his price to $50 per hour including his hourly travel time of 5 hours to come down.
I guess he has gotten more experienced now and can charge 66% more in just a few weeks. That's cool but I told him 'Thank you but no' as I couldn't afford that and that I was more than capable of doing my own tuning anyway. So right now I'm trying to decide what to do.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard