Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Mark I hope you get things worked out with this unit, you seem to be pioneering a viable performance option for those of us that dont want to go with a turbo kit.

Good luck

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I agree. So, if that 'linear' mode is true, then I see really no benefit to their kit and their price tag. JMHO. However, for the deal you got, can't be beat.

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That's correct, but the way it's linear is just stupid! It should be linear AT WOT!!!! Not at 20%,30%,40% throttle and increases as you press the gas pedal. Think about it, I mat that friggin gas pedal as soon as my IMRC opens! That = NO MORE LINEAR MODE. So I have to feather the gas pedal to spray a little bit if nitrous, and press it further down as I want more to spray. Just stupid!

BigB - I don't have to turn the nitrous on at all times. I generally drive around N/A, and flip the nitrous on as I deem necessary.

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
My understanding for the purpose for tthe linear mode is for platforms such as ours where a big hit (say 125hp) shot is just going to break traction. The linear function is suppose to be able to 'slowly' introduc the nitrous, say a 30hp shot and in then in say 3 seconds be at the full 125hp in 3 seconds to allow you to 'gain' traction, etc...

Originally posted by 99cougar:
i think the reason for these linear kits is to be able to spray at a lower rpm level, not lower throttle level.

Mark

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Mark I hope you get things worked out with this unit, you seem to be pioneering a viable performance option for those of us that dont want to go with a turbo kit.

Good luck

Umm Trapps ran this kit years ago.

You guys ddidn't know that's how the kit works?! It's always been that way. I'm perplexed as to why you would ahve an issue with that. I think it's awesome!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

Good luck

Umm Trapps ran this kit years ago.

You guys ddidn't know that's how the kit works?! It's always been that way. I'm perplexed as to why you would ahve an issue with that. I think it's awesome!

You're correct, Trapps did run this kit years ago. I appear to be the one having the problem with the kit. As for the linear mode, it isn't awesome, it's plain foolish. Who's going to drag race and just push the pedal down part way so they can have some nitrous enter the motor, then slowly ease into it? Anyone/everyone I know that races, hammers the gas pedal down way to fast for this linear mode to be effective. Also, my main concern is nitrous entering the motor at 20 Friggin percent throttle!!!! Do you not think that it's going to puddle up at 20% throttle??

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Also, my main concern is nitrous entering the motor at 20 Friggin percent throttle!!!! Do you not think that it's going to puddle up at 20% throttle??

Mark

From the website...
Optimal Air / Fuel Ratio @ any Bottle Pressure
The VCN-2000 is the safest choice by far. When nitrous is introduced , additional fuel is required to ensure the proper air/ fuel mixture is obtained. Without the additional fuel the mixture would become lean causing detonation of motor. Our system utilizes the existing injectors to enrich the air/fuel mixture when nitrous is added. our systems adds an injection pulse width after the computer has finished its pulse. the pulse added is the product of how much nitrous is introduced. this is calculated by the VCN-2000 module.

Module reduces the risk of engine damage
Our Control module reduces the risk of engine damage where other systems fall short. Our VCN-2000 will only introduce nitrous once it has determined the vehicles oxygen sensor is operating properly. The module determines the amount of fuel for the amount of nitrous introduced and will dynamically modify the fuel MAP based on the oxygen sensor input. The VCN-2000 uses the existing injectors for fuel enrichment.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Linear: Of, relating to, or resembling a line; straight

Going by the 'rules' of the giggle gas in which it should only be used @ wot and typically +3500, one would postulate that the linear mode would work with the introduction of nitrous say starting at 20% while throttle is at 100%. Why would one introduce a percentage of the sauce at 50% throttle?

And from what I recall, the way I understand things when Trapps first got the kit, that the way I described it is the way the linear function worked.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
What does that have to do with the price your mom charges for a lap dance?

Doesn't really say anything about the linear mod we are discussing! :-P
Also, my main concern is nitrous entering the motor at 20 Friggin percent throttle!!!! Do you not think that it's going to puddle up at 20% throttle??

Mark

From the website...
Optimal Air / Fuel Ratio @ any Bottle Pressure
The VCN-2000 is the safest choice by far. When nitrous is introduced , additional fuel is required to ensure the proper air/ fuel mixture is obtained. Without the additional fuel the mixture would become lean causing detonation of motor. Our system utilizes the existing injectors to enrich the air/fuel mixture when nitrous is added. our systems adds an injection pulse width after the computer has finished its pulse. the pulse added is the product of how much nitrous is introduced. this is calculated by the VCN-2000 module.

Module reduces the risk of engine damage
Our Control module reduces the risk of engine damage where other systems fall short. Our VCN-2000 will only introduce nitrous once it has determined the vehicles oxygen sensor is operating properly. The module determines the amount of fuel for the amount of nitrous introduced and will dynamically modify the fuel MAP based on the oxygen sensor input. The VCN-2000 uses the existing injectors for fuel enrichment.

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Drag Mode In this mode the nitrous operates in the same mode as current nitrous systems operate. The amount you program is delivered to the engine when the control mode has sensed wide open throttle.

Linear Mode In this mode the user programs at what throttle angle should be the starting point for the introduction of nitrous. The control module then adds a proportionate amount of nitrous in relation to throttle angle. The higher the throttle angle the greater the nitrous flow, up to a maximum amount programmed by you. This is expected to be the most popular mode of operation.

Timed Mode In this mode the user programs at what throttle angle the nitrous should be introduced and how much nitrous should be added (in terms of %). The user also enters an injection time (how long to inject the nitrous for). This is ideal for turbo-charged engines. The nitrous can be energized while the turbo reaches optimized boost levels then is deactivated after a certain amount of time.

So don't run Linear. Sounds like you'd prefer one of the the other modes.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
....interesting....

I'll stick with NOS :-)

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Doesn't matter either way I guess. Linear mode with 80%+ throttle angle is pretty much like drag mode anyway. The problem is, the kit isn't doing what it says it should. It says it will shut down if it detects a lean code. I'd sure as hell think 18:1+ A/F would be detected as lean. When turning the Venom module on, it cycles through and checks the O2 sensors(CHECKING O2). Once it detects that they are functioning properly, the display shows everything from Injector pulse width, to RPM, to exhaust(RICH/LEAN), to throttle(%), to mode(L-Linear,D-Drag,T-Timed). Everything appears to be working fine, but it still goes lean. I've got PLEANTY of injector(39#) with a 255lph FSVT fuel pump. The car is tuned for the 39# injectors also, yet the Venom module doesn't detect to add more fuel. I'm stumped!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard