Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
As some might know, I've got a Venom VCN-2000 kit installed, and have been having some issues with it. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this. On the dyno, the A/F goes crazy lean once the nitrous is introduced to the motor. I just sent the Venom control module to Venom to have their guy check it out and recalibrate it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had anything remotely close to this happening?

Also, with the Linear Mode setting: I was under the assumption that the linear mode would introduce the nitrous at a low nitrous setting, no matter what throttle angle you have it set for? I figured at WOT, the nitrous would come in at the 3500rpm that I have it set to come in at, along with the 80% throttle angle, and would come in at about a 30shot and gradually move up to a 100shot? After talking to Venom, they are saying to set the throttle angle at 20-30%, and the nitrous will gradually come in before WOT and increase as I press the gas pedal. WTF!?!?!? Nitrous going into a motor at anything less than 80%-100% throttle can't be good!! Can anybody enlighten me?

TIA!
Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I haven't played with their stuff since it first came out.

Maybe the throttle angle or whatever and nitrous introduction are relative to one another? It does seem a bit weird that the nitrous would be introduced to anything other than under WOT.

Ryan Trollin!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
You are correct that nitrous should not be heavily used at less than WOT. However, I thought the purpose of these linear systems was to introduce nitrous at lower throttle levels and gradually increase the shot.

But 20% throttle Not that low. You're gonna be spraying nitrous while you pull in to your driveway.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Exactly! It's almost like they've set these kits up so that you only have the nitrous on when you're flat out ready to use it. Not cruising around town with it on or anything. This was how it was explained to me by "Venom Jose", the guy that calibrates all of the Venom modules. He says that the way I have it setup, at 80% throttle angle, it's pretty much like Drag Mode, where it is the full nitrous shot all at once. Says they usually set them to 20-30% throttle angle and the more gas you give it, the more nitrous it sprays. That blows my mind!!

Mark

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
i think the reason for these linear kits is to be able to spray at a lower rpm level, not lower throttle level.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by 99cougar:
i think the reason for these linear kits is to be able to spray at a lower rpm level, not lower throttle level.

Well the Venom program that you download says obviously not to spray below 2000rpms. I didn't want to spray before my IMRC opens up, to avoid puddling in the butterflies. I figured by 3500rpm I'll be at WOT, so no big issue. My assumption was though, that at WOT, the nitrous would come in at say a ~30shot and increase to say a ~100shot by the time it was at 4500/5000rpms. I didn't think it was linear, according to how much you press the gas pedal. That just doesn't make any sense. Who wants to spray ANY nitrous into their motor at 20% throttle? And who's going to be at 20% throttle at 3500rpm, and slowly pressing the gas pedal? Pretty disappointing!!

Mark

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Wow sow it's linear based on the TP not the rpm's. That's [censored] up!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
See if you can set it for around 60%. It seems that 20% is just way to low. You will have to refill your bottle every day.

99cougar is right, you are supposed to be able to slowly introduce nitrous at lower RPM levels with a linear kit.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My understanding for the purpose for tthe linear mode is for platforms such as ours where a big hit (say 125hp) shot is just going to break traction. The linear function is suppose to be able to 'slowly' introduc the nitrous, say a 30hp shot and in then in say 3 seconds be at the full 125hp in 3 seconds to allow you to 'gain' traction, etc...

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That's correct, but the way it's linear is just stupid! It should be linear AT WOT!!!! Not at 20%,30%,40% throttle and increases as you press the gas pedal. Think about it, I mat that friggin gas pedal as soon as my IMRC opens! That = NO MORE LINEAR MODE. So I have to feather the gas pedal to spray a little bit if nitrous, and press it further down as I want more to spray. Just stupid!

BigB - I don't have to turn the nitrous on at all times. I generally drive around N/A, and flip the nitrous on as I deem necessary.

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
My understanding for the purpose for tthe linear mode is for platforms such as ours where a big hit (say 125hp) shot is just going to break traction. The linear function is suppose to be able to 'slowly' introduc the nitrous, say a 30hp shot and in then in say 3 seconds be at the full 125hp in 3 seconds to allow you to 'gain' traction, etc...

Mark

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard