Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by steve-o reborn:
lol, i only drove it a little like this and had to give up and try and get home. Hardest drving experience I've ever had. Thanks, Tony.

LOL. Sorry, did not know it from your previous post. LOL.

Edit. LOL. Had one too many in that 1/2 hour between those two posts of mine. LOL.

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/09/05 01:06 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I was just saying i hoped i hadn't been driving it damaged(which is probably what happened actually), but I know it just got real, real bad today.

PS: is there a good chance this is causing EGR CEL Codes. I pulled some a while ago and I just remember they were EGR related.

Last edited by steve-o reborn; 08/09/05 01:15 AM.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
PS: is there a good chance this is causing EGR CEL Codes. I pulled some a while ago and I just remember they were EGR related.

Don't know what those EGR codes were but I would suspect some vacuum leak (which could also be interpreted as a leaking EGR gasket), lean (which would also be interpreted as a stuck EGR) or oil contamination codes.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
alright, that rubbery elbow piece that connects the hose to the port on the engine is what ripped. Anyone know of where to get something like that or any ideas for a homemade fix? I wish it wasn't in such a pita spot.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
any ideas for a homemade fix?

Try this as a temporary solution (and I am serious).

If it is cracked as opposed to completely shattered into many pieces, clean it well, put the hose inside the rubbery elbow piece, then duct tape the outside diameter of the rubber elbow piece, put it back in and get the part from Ford tomorrow. I trust duct tape for almost everything as a temporary fix. Oh, and don't forget to change the oil after you get this fixed. God knows what went in the crankcase.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Ugg I dont even want to think about that. Tomorrow it is then, thanks again.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Since I don't know what this hose is, I'm not even sure it's causing the stalling, but I figured and hoped that this just happened somehow and I haven't been driving it like that.

Crankcase ventilation hose. Yes, it is causing the stalling.

I don't agree, when i got my 99 I found the rear bank breather hose was disconnected from the intake accordian tube, had to have been this way when we test drove the car, there was no stalling or we wouldn't have boughten the car

now did you make sure the plugs were gapped right, the grounding strap and radio frequency isolator for the ignition pack are installed properly as well as the plug wires?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
ok, pulled the little rubber connector off a junkyard tour. Put in on my car and it's fixed.

But it isn't. Just like before, the car stalls.

Now here is some stuff that might help identify the problem. 1 This started happening right after I installed the plugs. Plugs are gapped to .054. I even pulled them and double checked. 2 It only starts stalling after it is warmed up. 3 It can be hard to start again after stalling. 4 Before this the car would be very hesitant and lose power when trying to accelerate while cold. I thought it might be plug issue. Once it warmed up it was fine.

Brapple, I assume the grounding strap comes the coil? Is that the metal braided strap? I may have knock it loose when I was working on the rear plugs. Does the fact that the engine stalls only once warmed up help much?

Edit: Searched on the grounding strip and i'll check it out tomorrow, but I got no search returns on the radio frequency isolator. What is that?

Last edited by steve-o reborn; 08/10/05 07:33 AM.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
But it isn't. Just like before, the car stalls.

Did you reset the computer Fuse 4 and 11?

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
yes I did. Today I started it up and let it idle for about 3 min. It was idleing like it should at 720. I drove it then and the engine was very sluggish. I would think misfires but I have checked the plugs mor ethan once and the wires are about a year old. After a few miles of driving the stalling came back...I had always thought the stalling came after the vehicle was in a closed loop, but appearently it's after a few miles of driving.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard