Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1356063 08/08/05 10:23 PM
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I just replaced all of my spark plugs (Duratec). Now my car stalls at an idle, every time. This was all today. I was about to post when I thought of how it seemed a lot like a vaccum leak, so I started checking out the lines. I found the end of a broken hose right next to(drivers side) the rear 3 plugs. This hose goes from the intake(accordian part) back to towards the firewall and down into the engine. It is broke on the engine end. I got some pictures but dont know how to post them.

Edit: Since I don't know what this hose is, I'm not even sure it's causing the stalling, but I figured and hoped that this just happened somehow and I haven't been driving it like that.

Last edited by steve-o reborn; 08/08/05 10:27 PM.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
To post pictures here, either go to the registry here and upload them or if you don't want to wait til that gets approved, you can go to either photobucket. There is a few others can't remember what they are off the top of my head, well good luck on your problem and welcome to GEG.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by steve-o reborn:
I just replaced all of my spark plugs (Duratec). Now my car stalls at an idle, every time. This was all today. I was about to post when I thought of how it seemed a lot like a vaccum leak, so I started checking out the lines. I found the end of a broken hose right next to(drivers side) the rear 3 plugs. This hose goes from the intake(accordian part) back to towards the firewall and down into the engine. It is broke on the engine end. I got some pictures but dont know how to post them.

Edit: Since I don't know what this hose is, I'm not even sure it's causing the stalling, but I figured and hoped that this just happened somehow and I haven't been driving it like that.

Does it look like the duct resonator assembly in this site?

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt94.pdf

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
no its not the idle air hose. Thats the one you put the copper cap in for the TH fix right? It's under that one and is smaller and stiffer.

Oh and thanks for the welcome, but I'm not new, just reregistered because of some login problems. Formerly known as Steve-o, not that I posted much anyway.

I'm working on the pictures.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
are you talking about the hose that plugs onto the top of the valve cover? its similar to the one that runs under your duratec cover.

i think it called a breather hole

~Crystian 2000 Se sport 2001 Lightning(Sorry!your mom cant come with us)
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Pictures
Ok, Here's where it starts at the intake

Following the hose...

And the break

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by steve-o reborn:
Since I don't know what this hose is, I'm not even sure it's causing the stalling, but I figured and hoped that this just happened somehow and I haven't been driving it like that.

Crankcase ventilation hose. Yes, it is causing the stalling.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
ok thanks a lot.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
From your last picture, can't tell if the connector is broken or just the hose. If it is the hose, just clean it out and see if you can plug it back in. Or just go pick up the part from Ford (you have been driving without it for some time anyway. )

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
lol, i only drove it a little like this and had to give up and try and get home. Hardest drving experience I've ever had. Thanks, Tony.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard