Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Steve:

How's the car running? Any difference now than before cleaning?

The car is idyling a little bit rougher and the rpm's are at 800 instead of 750. Throttle response seems to be quicker but my excelerator is sticking on take offs. I drove it for about 15 mins. on Saturday and 20 mins. Sunday but it drove the same both days. How about Jeb, Drew, and Lamond have you guys noticed any difference since the cleaning?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I haven't driven it since I got home, but it felt like there was a little more pull in the midrange. Idle needs a little more time to re-learn itself, and I've got to replace that throttle body gasket (got the wrong one AND put it in upside down...I rock), so technically I'm not finished yet.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
After the drive home, i noticed mine feels a tad bit quicker when the secodaries open. The intake also seems a bit louder. Jeb, be glad you just have to replace the throttle body gasket! mine will be ripped apart early saturday morning to replace that broken clip on the injector harness

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
The CEL finally popped up this morning, which I'm assuming is throttle body-related. Definitely have more pull in the 2K-4K range.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Good freakin' Lord, guys- What the heck did you do to your cars??!! Next time have the meet at my place where I have the Autotap and a buttload of tools for troubleshooting...

But oh, that's right- I live in BFE Gainesville...

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
S
S
Drew said he's had a CEL since he's had the car...
Jeb has the wrong TB gasket one and thus a vacuum leak...
Steve's 'misfire' I'm figuring is a loose plug wire since I remember him and/or Pete fiddling with the wires. Which it seemed to run fine when I was there.

The sticking throttle cables though has me perplexed since it happened on both Drew and Steve's cars...

The other misc minor broken things are just, IMO, due to the cars never being apart. :-)

Ryan
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DanG:
Good freakin' Lord, guys- What the heck did you do to your cars??!! Next time have the meet at my place where I have the Autotap and a buttload of tools for troubleshooting...

But oh, that's right- I live in BFE Gainesville...

LOL. No Dan, most of the "little" problems only showed up after everybody went home. The throttle body gasket was a wrong part number (which explains Jeb's P0171 and P0174). When he gets that, everything should be fine. Drew already had the pedal issue before showing up. Steve is probably the not starting issue which resulted in flooding (I think the problem was due to the injectors not being pushed in properly), then it started and I am sure once he scans it, it will probabably be P0172 and P0175 (probably will go away when it is deleted). LOL. There were enough tools to go around. It was just a little hot 100 F or so. Hey, if you do offer your place next time, I'm sure those who wanted to come but missed it will be most glad to come. Gainesville isn't that far. Plus, I'm sure most would like to see your "facilities" where mods are done. Let us know and maybe we can set up another one (maybe next month?). Thanks for the offer.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
no no, I had no pedal issues before showing up. I had that CEL, which seems to have vanished though. considering I probably would've spent a lot of time and money trying to eliminate it, when all it wanted was to be cleaned out, I'm still plenty satisfied with the outcome . AND I found out what that horrible whine coming from the car was (power steering pump ). I'll figure out something w/ that throttle cable

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SHO_man93:
The sticking throttle cables though has me perplexed since it happened on ........Steve's cars...

Hmm, did Steve have the sticky pedal too? I thought it was only Drew's. I could have sworn Steve's was because the FI wasn't seated right. But it was hot and maybe my brain got fried and I can't remember anything now.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
S
Ok, so I got everything mixed up. Damn heat. I'll return to my banishment.

Ryan
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard