Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Psh, I'd love to pay the cost fill the might 13 gallon tank!

You can release the fuel pressure via the schrader valve under the TB....

Hah... the tank in my truck is 37 gallons...

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for coming out to the meet yesterday. It was great to finally meet you guys and I had a good time wrenching on our cars. Pete I looked all around and couldn't find your keys. However after everyone left I drove my car and my check engine light came on blinking which means there is a misfire, so maybe you dropped your keys in my manifold and thats where my problem is . If you guys want to get together again when its cooler i'd be more than happy to host another CEG meet. BTW anyone know why my car is misfiring now?

Steve

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Silversvts:
Thanks for coming out to the meet yesterday. It was great to finally meet you guys and I had a good time wrenching on our cars. Pete I looked all around and couldn't find your keys. However after everyone left I drove my car and my check engine light came on blinking which means there is a misfire, so maybe you dropped your keys in my manifold and thats where my problem is . If you guys want to get together again when its cooler i'd be more than happy to host another CEG meet. BTW anyone know why my car is misfiring now?

Steve

Sounds like a fouled plug! or maybe one of the spark plug wires aren't firmly seated, either way sounds like a quick fix. Thanks again for hosting Steve, that was a awesome meet and it would good to finally get to meet some of you guys. Also big thanks to Ryan and Pete for all the help, it was quite a learning experience although i think the most important thing i learned was to never work on a contour in 90+ degree weather

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
. BTW anyone know why my car is misfiring now?

Steve

LOL. Our standard reply. Scan the codes, then post it. LOL. In the meantime, check to make sure the spark plug wires are not loose at both plug and coil ends. You have a PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
although i think the most important thing i learned was to never work on a contour in 90+ degree weather

LOL. With heat index we were looking at 100. But a good time was had by all!

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yeah check the code...

im in for the next one

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Steve:
I have to check the post office to see if maybe I left my keys there - I'll let you know. (Keep an eye out at your place too though!)

Get the code pulled and post them.

How's the car running? Any difference now than before cleaning?

To tell you the truth, I was pretty out of it/delirious by mid-afternoon.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Steve, you have a PM.

S
S
Start with the plug wires and coil pack. IIRC, you and Pete were starting to try to put the plug wires to move them...or that could have been on someone else's car.
In the meantime, check to make sure the spark plug wires are not loose at both plug and coil ends.

Ryan
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
speaking of CELs...

I had an intermittent code for EGR flow, commonly caused by the DPFE sensor or something related to it (this is why my EGR was so shiny, I replaced it before searching around on the site). but since the meet I haven't seen any CELs . maybe the EGR path was just too clogged up, or maybe it'll come back

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard